Carter stepper motor-Wiring help please!

Carter stepper motor-Wiring help please!

CJ007

Old Time Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83' CJ7-35's, granny T18, clocked, locked, 456s, D30 20 trussed- stitched-heim traction-1 piece shafts, CV dshaft, quick discos, xtended shock mounts, SOA, revolvers rear, braided lines, herculined, hand throttle, AMC saddle bags, rebuilt 258, D300.
I found that my stepper motor on carter 2bbl is not working. I am trying to identify the wiring, someone please help.

1) The picture below is top left brown, bottom left orange, top right brown with stripe, bottom right grey (light brown?). Does red wire go on top or bottom center?

2) There are a total of 6 wires, I don't have the center two hooked up. What color wire goes in the other center? I don't have the orig air cleaner so I havea few loose sensor wires I can choose from.
1316135755195.jpg

1316135680785.jpg

you'll need a wiring diagram to get it back factory. You need to check and make sure that your jeep has not had the "nutter bypass" done (read more here The "Nutter" Bypass ) if it has, you can put it back to factory, but i wouldn't recommend it. if it has i would follow the steps in the link i gave you above to "reset" everything. if it hasn't, i highly recommend following through with the bypass, you'll be alot happier with the performance of your jeep. now if you have to worry about passing emissions, then you'll probably want to continue to try and get everything factory functional.

It doesn't have the nutter, its just not passing emissions and the wiring is loose there. It passed last year but I screwed up with cleaning up wiring and somehow pulled one out and cleaned up a couple others.

Did everyone get rid of the carter:D. I just need a pic to see where a couple colored wires ago. I would assume they are the same for similar vehicle.

yeah most everybody gets rid of the carter, people have passed emissions with a mc2100 conversion, using a factory air cleaner made to fit the mc2100. that is if you are interested in getting rid of that pos carter. as far as the wiring i can't help you with a pic mine has been gone for a couple years now. but there are plenty of diagrams floating around, here http://webspace.webring.com/people/dg/geer_hed/images/86_cj_elec.gif is one for an 86 but the wiring should be the same, you can verify to make sure the wire colors match what you have.

yeah most everybody gets rid of the carter, people have passed emissions with a mc2100 conversion, using a factory air cleaner made to fit the mc2100. that is if you are interested in getting rid of that pos carter. as far as the wiring i can't help you with a pic mine has been gone for a couple years now. but there are plenty of diagrams floating around, here http://webspace.webring.com/people/dg/geer_hed/images/86_cj_elec.gif is one for an 86 but the wiring should be the same, you can verify to make sure the wire colors match what you have.

Thanks man. I could not find a diagram but that one looks good.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom