Centra Pod vs VDP sound wedges

Centra Pod vs VDP sound wedges

Az84cj7

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 cj7 Inline 6, mopar fuel injection , T5 trans, dana 300, Dana 44's
I have it narrowed down to two speaker set ups. I'm only gonna run 2 speaker system. Which should I buy?

I installed the Sound Wedges just for looks but have enjoyed the sound coming out of them.

IMO - looking at both, the wedges should sound better overall.

I installed the Sound Wedges just for looks but have enjoyed the sound coming out of them.

IMO - looking at both, the wedges should sound better overall.

I'm in the same boat... thinking about doing one or the other (wedges or centra-pod) with an iVault console

Anyone tried these?

An additional ? I don't have any carpet, has anyone run the wiring under the tub to the wedges or a centra pod?

I'm leaning toward the centra pod, because I leave only the bikini top on all summer and I'm sure the wedges would get soaked super fast...but It might be easier to hide wires going back that way rather than up near the front.

Are you mounting the wedges overhead on the roll bar or between the roll bar and fender wells? You can try running the wire inside the body on the driver side where the brake light wiring runs.

I have the centrapod in my jeep. I love it it sounds great and looks good. Just like you, I don't have any carpet either but my radio is in the center console of my jeep. I just ran the speaker wires straight through the bottom of the center cosole and straight to the centra pod. I bundled all the wires inside a plastic wire wrap then put a couple of hold down clamps to hold it to the floor. The whole setup looks very neat and like its supposed to be that way.

I have the centrapod in my jeep. I love it it sounds great and looks good. Just like you, I don't have any carpet either but my radio is in the center console of my jeep. I just ran the speaker wires straight through the bottom of the center cosole and straight to the centra pod. I bundled all the wires inside a plastic wire wrap then put a couple of hold down clamps to hold it to the floor. The whole setup looks very neat and like its supposed to be that way.

I went ahead and ordered the wedges, I was worried about the fit of the centra pod with the blowers etc... wedges came in the mail today, and fit like a glove in the... I think I am just going to do what you said and leave them inside the tub rather than underneath.

Did you run the power and remote wires the same way?

How/where did you hook up the power and remote wires?

Yes I ran the power and remote wires the same way. I have the tuffy center console, so it has the place for the radio and I ran the wires out the bottom of it and straight across the floor to the centrapod, then I split off my power, remote, and ground wires and ran them around one side of the centrapod and up into the dash so that I could get to my power sources.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom