CJ Mechanics in NC or VA?

CJ Mechanics in NC or VA?

Shazam

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ-5 Renegade with '74 304 V8 & Edelbrock manifold & carb, Heddman headers & sidepipes, T-150 3 speed, Dana 20, Dana 30, AMC 20
Hi guys. I think I'm going to have some electrical work needed behind the dash of my CJ5 . Anyone know any good mechanics around NC or VA who are familiar with them? Any help is appreciated as I learn to tinker on my own. Many thanks!

get yourself a multimeter and a test light, 15-20 bucks. Get behiend the dash and have fun. You could spend hundreds having someone else figure it out.
It's a cj you will need to be able to do it yourself unless you have an endless bank acc.

Electrical problems are the bane of CJs. A lot of POs get in tehre and do junky things when adding lights and stuff and you end up with spagetti. Any good jeep specialty shop can get into it for you, but it cost money, Best do as Old Dog says, just and get a electrical diagram, then go for it, It is not that hard, jusst time comsuming, think of it like reading and drawing a road map.
Post up progress and questions here and we will help.

Hi guys. I think I'm going to have some electrical work needed behind the dash of my CJ5 . Anyone know any good mechanics around NC or VA who are familiar with them? Any help is appreciated as I learn to tinker on my own. Many thanks!

I would think this would be an excelent place to start tinkering.
I can't wait to see how it all turns out.:lpopcorn::beer:

Thanks for the votes of confidence. Whats the worse that can happen...right?:D

I have heard that there is a very, very good Jeep mechanic located in Northern VA (Manassas -- I think), but that is a very long way from NC!

I don't know the exact name of the place off hand, but I am sure I can find out.

Thanks for the offer but I think I'm OK. Found a local shop that shows promise.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom