Clutch Help.

Clutch Help.

Manhattan

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ-8: SBC, SM465, D300, 4.5" R.E. Extreme, 35" BFG MTs, 20/30 with 4.56 Gears, Detroits F&R, Moser/Warn axles, XworX Full Cage
My 8 has a SBC / SM465 / Dana 300 . I'm trying to piece together the parts for a hydraulic clutch. But, I've never had a hydraulic clutch in a CJ... So, I need some guidance.

1. Is there such a thing as a CJ clutch pedal that was specific to the hydraulic clutch? I've heard that the YJ pedal will work with some modification... and that it's just as easy to mod' the CJ pedal... but what pedal?

2. Could you recommend a source for the slave, etc.

Or, should I buy one of these conversion kits (tons on Ebay)... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hydraulic-Cl...#ht_500wt_1026

Thanks!

The difficult part is sourcing the proper pedal...ideally, one from a hydro clutch equipped 80's model CJ. Then it's fabing it to the firewall and lining up the master cylinder. From there, it's simply running tubing from the master to the slave.
Sure, you can use a hydro system from a YJ....just remember there could possibly be a throw issue with the plunger and a mis-matched master cylinder/pedal combination.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom