Suspension Confusing suspension systems on a 1980 CJ-7

Suspension Confusing suspension systems on a 1980 CJ-7

Tucson Bob

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7, 4,2, Automatic, Dana
I with you about how confusing suspension systems are on CJs'. I just brought a 1980 CJ7 with a 4 inch lift and 33" tires. It has a hodge podge of suspension upgrades. Driving it on the highway is a nightmare. I don't remember my 1978 CJ5 driving this poorly. Things were a lot simpler back then. I put white Wagon Wheels and Amrstrong TruTracs on the CJ5 (big, but I don't remember the size) and 4 wheeled all over the southern Arizona area with no problems. I did roll my CJ5 along the US / Mexican border so I'm paranoid about how tipsy CJs can be although it was snowing and beer was part of the equation. Any recommendations for suspension normalization / upgrades to build a nice stabile, comfortable (for the wife) CJ7 with reasonable off road capabilities. Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks