Corner guards

Corner guards

jeep cj7 304

Active Jeeper
Media
Resources
Thanks
alright i decided to splurge a little today and i chucked out about 300 bucks on some new poison spyder corner guards. I'll be throwing them on this weekend or so. but i got some pictures for now.
DSC03380.png
DSC03381.png
DSC03385.png
DSC03386.png

They look great and damn heavy duty too! Just make sure you prime well under em and you should be good for a long time!

You in Colorado right? Aren't you supposed to be under a bunch of white stuff with the rest of the norther Jeepers? :D

One question? I have never had a square tail light in my hand. Is the base on them round? Do you have to modify the lights or the guards?

i'm actually changing them to circular led's so that is why the guards are like that, so i'll just be cutting a good size hole in my body. but the original lights are just boxes with 3 bolts coming out the back to hook it to the body. We arent like the north, it snows 6 inches and then dissapears 2 days later. It scares me sometimes.

i'm actually changing them to circular led's
We will need pics and links on that! LED's should work great, impervious to water. Are you making them custom or are they off the shelf?

Excellent find (nice Jeep)! Those look great and they are inexpensive also - definitely bookmarked. Have an idea on what you are doing for bezels?

I wonder if they make clear / white ones. They could be good backup lamps or turn signals for the front.

alright i just called a guy today about getting them powder coated. So they will match my other parts and they wont even think about rusting.

Powder coating isa very good idea. Once it's done you'll never have to worry about it again. Big $ but a no-brainer.

I wouldn't powder coat. Powder coating has trouble sticking to sharp corners and edges. When it flakes off you can't paint over it. If you paint it with a good quality paint you can refresh it by touching it up.

Powder coating isa very good idea. Once it's done you'll never have to worry about it again. Big $ but a no-brainer.

I got a quote a couple days ago for about $160, so it takes a good amount of cash.

I wouldn't powder coat. Powder coating has trouble sticking to sharp corners and edges. When it flakes off you can't paint over it. If you paint it with a good quality paint you can refresh it by touching it up.

I guess you have a point, I might talk to the guy about that and see what he has to say. if not it looks like I may be breakin out the spray paint once more!!!:poke:

alright i got pics:D

First time i tried mounting them the fasteners were so cheap that the lock washers locked down and i ended up breaking a couple of them. but they just needed a good coat of oil and panther piss. they ended up fitting decently since my body is slightly torqued and i found out that the guy i bought it from has no body work skills as their was 3/4ths of an inch of bondo in some spots. here's an album with all the pictures. just ask if you want more.

corner guards pictures by jeep_cj7_304 - Photobucket

Looks great and like your almost there! The rear light looks great.

I'm impressed that I saw you wearing hearing protection in one of the pictures! Um, you for got the safety goggles though :D

So are you done or are you still working on them?

im not quite done, the corners are still bare metal, so that was just a test fit.

i have a loud compressor, thus is why there was hearing on. but who needs eyes anyway.:D

Looks good. What color are you getting them coated. I am getting ready to do an article on coating my crossmember with por-15. You could use it and topcoat them with another color. Would make touch up easy if ever necessary.

Checked out the pics, and looks real good!! Look forward to seeing it all done and painted!!

Like it , thanx for the pics. ( Your not fooling anyone , Mountain Dew doesnt come in a brown bottle ) :D

I'm back, and I've gotten a little work done on my little toy. Corner guards are all painted and put on. I dedecided to go with a subtle textured finish that is paintable in case it gets scratched up later, or should I say when? There is oil on the corner guards at that time which kinda made the color look uneven.

I'm planning to paint the rest of the body soon, so the light blue hood will be changing. I also have the genright boulder tube fenders on their way, they should be getting here within a week or so. I'll be doing the same finish on those as I did on the corner guards. I should have them installed within a couple of weeks.

DSC04081.jpg
DSC04080.jpg
DSC04079.jpg

Hey man - welcome back!! :chug:

That CJ is looking better and better! I like the wrinkle finish!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom