Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
48 CJ2a ford I-6,T-90,D-18,Warn O/D pto winch
57 CJ5 buick v-6,SM420,D-18 Warn O/D
61 CJ5 buick turbo v-6 SM465,D300
77 CJ7 SBC 350 SM465,205
57 CJ5 Auburn trencher
Have a D300 that i modified the shift rails to give me 2wd low and twin sticked it. With it in 2wd low it will jump into neutral going down hill!! Seems to lock in good. The levers are not binding. I left all the detents in. What gives??

2 LO puts a little more stress on the case.
If you haven't opened your case in awhile I would say your shift collars are worn putting pressure on the shift fork.
Or, worn gears putting pressure on the collars.
If you had the case opened recently could be incorrect shimming at the front output. This would cause side load on the gears.

What did you do to the shift rails? All I did was twin stick mine and can put it in 2 low without issue or any mods to the shift rails.

Make sure the shift rod clearance hole is not to small as it can kick the t-case out of gear as things get to bounce around. I have had this happen to me.

I ground on the one shift rail to be able to kick the rear out. Had instructions to do it the correct way!!🤔

Maybe yes, maybe no .....

I ground nothing and got 2lo just by twin sticking it, can also just use the front high or low independently as well.

I groved the rail in my Dana 20 while I had it apart for a 3:15 kit.
Like hole, I found no need to grove the rail while I had my D300 apart for the 4.1 kit.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom