dads new 79 Cj5

dads new 79 Cj5

cass

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 Cj5, 350 chevy (i built myself), T176, Dana 300, stock narrow trac 3.54 axles, locked in the rear, power steering, power brakes, tilt steering, Warn lockouts, 31x10.50x15 AT's, hi lift jack mounted on the front, bed lined tub, firestick cb setup, 5 in hella lights, NO RUST!!
so my dad went a bought a jeep today. its a pretty nice 79 CJ5 narrow track with a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l and a 3 speed. its not much different from my 80 but has its differences. the big question we have is front lockouts, it has crome wheels with center caps on it. is there a manual lockout like on my 80? im wondering if somone covered it up with the center caps

My caps have a center piece that pops out so I can lock the hubs.

Some of them have full time locked hubs. Basically there is no hub, pull the wheel and look, it will be evident. You can remove the cap and replace it with a hub if you don't want the front locked in all the time.

Some of them have full time locked hubs. Basically there is no hub, pull the wheel and look, it will be evident. You can remove the cap and replace it with a hub if you don't want the front locked in all the time.

yup your right. just got a wheel off and its got covers on it. so its locked all the time. thanks man

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom