85 CJ-7 Renegade:
Fuel Injected 4.2L I6/T5/D300
D30 with ARB Air Locker, AMC 20 w/Posi
Warn 8000 LB winch
VIAIR Onboard Air System
33x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/R's
Kenwood head Unit
Hella E-Code Lights
Who sells the complete crossmember mount for the dana 300? Mine has seen better days so I need to replace it. Cant seem to find it on 4WD.com.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Of all the 300's Ive pulled off of jeeps Ive never seen a cross member for one. normally they just hang off the back of the trans.

Throttle Down Kustoms as Purple has already said.
Give them a call 406-374-2285
Throttle Down Kustoms Home

Or just build your own. Can you weld?
With the help of a welding friend I made my own. I first bolted 2 angle iron pieces onto my frame. I then welded a crossmember between them. Then I put 2 transmission mounts on the crossmember. Normally the OEM mount is one tranny mount and a doughnut cushion mount but I don't like that design.
Here's what it looks like:
crossmember__small.jpg

Here it is from the side. I cut the angle iron pieces to have a taper at the front and rear.
crossmember_side__small.jpg

Last edited:
The PO installed an aftermarket crossmember and the mount between the crossmember and TC looks alot like a tranny mount but dont know for sure.

It could be, from the factory you should have only had a tranny mount with torque bar on the tranny near the T case, which would have bolted to the skid plate. And no mount attached to the T case.

A picture would help greatly. If you need the skid plate/tranny cross member that works with a D300, I got two in Loveland.

Here are a few pics.

DSC00008-1.png

DSC00007-1.png

DSC00006-1.png

DSC00005-1.png

DSC00004-1.png

DSC00003-1.png

That looks OEM.
It always thought it looked jury rigged. It was like the factory put a tranny mount on one side and then someone said "we need some type of mount on the other side" and then someone found a rubber insulator for the other side.
DSC00007-1.png

7129d1321828216-tranny-mount-t400qtxfrcasemount7479.jpg

Looks like you just need a new torque arm bushing. Easy to get. Trans mount bushings are also easy to get. Metal piece looks good.

That top bushing is pretty much gone. I will be dropping that skid plate so I can get a better look at whats going on in there. Need to get it squared away before the run in Aug.

I ordered the polyurethane bushings and a new mounting stud.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks