85 CJ-7 Renegade:
Fuel Injected 4.2L I6/T5/D300
D30 with ARB Air Locker, AMC 20 w/Posi
Warn 8000 LB winch
VIAIR Onboard Air System
33x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/R's
Kenwood head Unit
Hella E-Code Lights
Who sells the complete crossmember mount for the Dana 300 ? Mine has seen better days so I need to replace it. Cant seem to find it on 4WD.com.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Of all the 300's Ive pulled off of jeeps Ive never seen a cross member for one. normally they just hang off the back of the Transmission .

Throttle Down Kustoms as Purple has already said.
Give them a call 406-374-2285
Throttle Down Kustoms Home

Or just build your own. Can you weld?
With the help of a welding friend I made my own. I first bolted 2 angle iron pieces onto my frame. I then welded a crossmember between them. Then I put 2 Transmission mounts on the crossmember. Normally the OEM mount is one tranny mount and a doughnut cushion mount but I don't like that design.
Here's what it looks like:
crossmember__small.jpg

Here it is from the side. I cut the angle iron pieces to have a taper at the front and rear.
crossmember_side__small.jpg

Last edited:
The PO installed an aftermarket crossmember and the mount between the crossmember and TC looks alot like a tranny mount but dont know for sure.

It could be, from the factory you should have only had a tranny mount with torque bar on the tranny near the T case, which would have bolted to the skid plate. And no mount attached to the T case.

A picture would help greatly. If you need the skid plate/tranny cross member that works with a Dana 300 , I got two in Loveland.

Here are a few pics.

DSC00008-1.png

DSC00007-1.png

DSC00006-1.png

DSC00005-1.png

DSC00004-1.png

DSC00003-1.png

That looks OEM.
It always thought it looked jury rigged. It was like the factory put a tranny mount on one side and then someone said "we need some type of mount on the other side" and then someone found a rubber insulator for the other side.
DSC00007-1.png

7129d1321828216-tranny-mount-t400qtxfrcasemount7479.jpg

Looks like you just need a new torque arm bushing. Easy to get. Transmission mount bushings are also easy to get. Metal piece looks good.

That top bushing is pretty much gone. I will be dropping that skid plate so I can get a better look at whats going on in there. Need to get it squared away before the run in Aug.

I ordered the polyurethane bushings and a new mounting stud.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom