dana 60 flanged axle

dana 60 flanged axle

cj1976

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
19786 cj5 ,with 360 amc
what exactually is a flanged axle ...and is a dana 60 flanged axle a good buy for a 1976 CJ5 with a 360 in it?

a flanged axle is one that has the axle and hub made as a single unit like this. There is also 2 peice axles like a stock AMC20 has where the flange is a seperate piece. The other type is a full floater.
A 60 would be good if your running 38's or larger tires, other weise the pumpkin is so big it will act like a plow.

Ok thanks.. i have a truck with the same setup then but i have a problem with it leaking rearend oil into the hub and all over the breaks .. any thoughts of why this happens??? this is why i and kinda hesatant on getting another axle like it?

Ok thanks.. i have a truck with the same setup then but i have a problem with it leaking rearend oil into the hub and all over the breaks .. any thoughts of why this happens??? this is why i and kinda hesatant on getting another axle like it?

sounds like the axle seal is shot

If the axle seal is shot, like Old Dog suggested, it could also mean the bearing in there is bad also.

i might have to look into the bearing being bad cause ive changed the axle seal twice now.. thanks

i might have to look into the bearing being bad cause ive changed the axle seal twice now.. thanks
I'd also check that the axle shaft or housing is not bent.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom