dash lights

dash lights

tcapouch

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ5 4spd 258 standard
I recently bought a CJ5 , body isn't the best but the engine and frame are solid. I bought it as a toy so Im not looking to rebuild right now. My only problem with it is I can't see the dash lights at night. is there any way to change the light bulb in the speedometer or is it just built with poor lighting? Do I just need to just buy a new one or can I take it apart and replace the light build. Any help would be appreciated.

If you look at the back of the speedometer you will see a lot of light sockets. There will be one for each indicator light and the rest are illumination. I don't have a drawing handy, but I'm pretty sure they are all single orange wires. I would check those bulbs before spending the money on a new speedomeeter.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Tapatalk 2

there are led replacements available, I plan on changing mine soon because mine are not too bright either. I am also having a hard time finding the little rectagular indicator lights, for headlights, windshield wiper and hazard for my 75 CJ5 in green. all the new ones are blue, don't match the rest of interior.

I can not find any replacement dash light indicators for hazard lights and wipers, I found a guy on an early cj forum but it won't allow me on to get his address , if anyone has any info on these green lights I would appreciate it very much. as the new headlight indicator is blue and doesn't match the other green ones I have

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom