Diamond dash

Diamond dash

Germy

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 jeep cj7 360 20 rear and 30 front w/warn lockers 5 speed tranny,

1971 dodge dart built 318
Ordered a black pre cut dash, ended Up being a diamond plate. pain in my butt! To get proper fitting, you have to grind the diamond down around pull leversl and gauges. All in all it looks good, just bad Design. I wish I could post a pic from my iPhone!:confused:

Looks good :chug:
6045d1312161262-diamond-dash-img_0287.jpg

Installing the diamond plate may have been more work than you expected but I like it.

Gotta dump the tan seats! Gotta buy a top too. A terra low, top end kit, tires, wheels and paint. Just empty every pocket.

Thanks! Still have to make the pull knobs seat, more grinding!

It does look really good...:drool:

May I ask where it came from etc? Maybe a link. :D

~ JR

Thanks! Still have to make the pull knobs seat, more grinding!
Using a Dremel tool? I guess you have to be careful. There's not black under the diamond tread and you would have to retouch it.

I order everything from Morris 4x4.
Can you tell in advertisement that it is diamond?
No. I would have returned it. I wonder if they sent the wrong part.

Actually no... You are right. You can't (I can't) tell at all, and that's even with me knowing!

I see your point. I was going to show you a trick I use, since sometimes Our friend Moris' site is a little lacking in the informational department, but even while googling the model # and visiting 5 different sellers, I still couldn't tell it was diamond???

Are you happy with it now though?

I'm not sure about the pre-cut part though.. When I do mine, I think i want to have complete layout control / option... I hate how my dash is currently laid out! Stuff all over the place...

I think it looked very nice from the pictures though man! :chug:
I may custom make one... :rolleyes: Thank you for the quick link though! :notworthy:

~ JR

And I don't see a cutout for the radio on your picture.
6044d1312161262-diamond-dash-img_0286.jpg

But I do in the ad.
replacement-dash-panel-13320.12.jpg

I marked a circle around the gauges, ground little by little outward until they fit. Taped en and sprayed with black. I think that it was an accident, I am happy with it though.

I want to do stainless and c2 gauges, control knob for aftermarket heater. I have a tuffy console for the radio. I like it stock looking for now though. Dash was cake to hook up with that painless harness, real happy with that upgrade.

Nice job!

Never thought about the grinding job. :(

And I don't see a cutout for the radio on your picture.
6044d1312161262-diamond-dash-img_0286.jpg

But I do in the ad.

Yes... I didn't realize this before. Did they have options on what you want cut out before ordering?

Which is cool, was wondering if they'd do without all the cutouts done already...:cool:

:chug:

Yes... I didn't realize this before. Did they have options on what you want cut out before ordering?

Which is cool, was wondering if they'd do without all the cutouts done already...:cool:

:chug:

You cn order the dash blank or with different levels of cutouts. Just have to look around for vendors that sell them.

You cn order the dash blank or with different levels of cutouts. Just have to look around for vendors that sell them.

As long as you get what you are expecting.
Morris 4X4 has all kinds of Rugged Ridge CJ Dashes. Check out this link:
Dash Panels & Overlays
replacement-dash-panel-13320.10.jpg

replacement-dash-panel-13320.11.jpg

These are all black powder coated but they also have brushed aluminium, polished aluminium, 12 gauge steel or diamond plate.
Lots of choices.

Germy, looks good
JR, I like this one, you could do your own gauge lay out. I might have to get one someday. Dash, Stainless Steel LMP-768610
Dash-Stainless-Steel-LMP-768610.jpg

Yes, If you bought a 2 inch punch you could set it up for most of the gauges. It looks like it could be fairly easy to make a custom dash. :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom