Do I have a locker?

Do I have a locker?

hopefulcj

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7-258 I6, MC 2100 carb, team rush upgrade, T4, D300 tcase, D30 w/aussie locker in the front, AMC20 open, I think PO put 4.88s in the diffs, 35,000-135,000 miles, you pick. 4"susp lift, 2" shackle, 35" <-BAD WORD-> cepek AT's on black steel wheels, 1 1/4" spydertrak wheel spacers, most everything else i believe is stock, finding things out as I go
I changed out the fluids in my diffs, and found this sitting in the Dana 30 . What is it? is it a Limited slip? I guess I can put it up on a lift and figure out what spins.

So what will this do traction wise? Or are you unable to tell by just looking at it? I was just wondering what this will act like on the trails.

Looks like a Lunchbox locker. I don't think I can improve on Cheepjeep85's three guesses.
yep looks like an auto locker, maybe a lock-rite, spartan, or aussie locker.

So what will this do traction wise? Or are you unable to tell by just looking at it? I was just wondering what this will act like on the trails.
If it truly is a locker then both rear tires will turn in unison. Great for off-roading. Harder to get stuck. The only downside would be street driving especially when it's slick. It really shouldn't be a problem. Just be careful with the gas going around intersections.

Considering its in the front axle and you live in Fla. it shouldnt give you much trouble at all. When your on the street with your hubs unlocked and in 2wd its all normal operation. I had a power lock in the front of my CJ5 and never noticed it. Until the snow flew. You shouldnt have that problem. :)

Considering its in the front axle and you live in Fla. it shouldnt give you much trouble at all.

Florida, front axle.
Agreed.
No side effects.
:chug:

Definitely a lock rite drop in locker. They are very good but the dif carrier becomes your week link. When yo uhave it in 4wd you will get a big increase in traction but your tight turning will be compromised. If you have one in the front then chances are you have either a locker or a factory Limited slip in the back. Generally people put in a front locker after the rear has been done.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom