Does anybody know where cb radios are mounted in the cj's?

Does anybody know where cb radios are mounted in the cj's?

logans76cj5

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ5 Renegade Levis (unrestored)
6v Sunshine Yellow Paint
72,000 original miles
304 v8
I was woundering where you are supposed to mount a cb radio in the cj. Is it supposed to go in the normal radio slot, or do you mount in under the dash?

Last edited:
I may be wrong, but I don't think there was a stock mounting location for a C.B., it will be about convenience and security where you mount it.

Its your CJ mount it where you want it!!!

It goes where you want to reach for it. I have mine in the center console which happens to be an ammo can. My stereo and amp are in there also.

I have allways mounted my CB where the footman loop goes on the windshield frame or Full cage. Easy to hear and reach. I got some steel
with the holes in it from HomeDepot and bent it up and cut it to lenth.
I have done this on all 7 of my Jeeps that I have owned cheap and easy
that where the truckers have them.

I think you will get about 20 bizillion answers to that question
I think the choice is where you want it, or your fab skills are to put it
I prefer mine in the full roll cage above me in the middle, I run 2 radios there, 1 CB 1 Ham. but not all jeeps have full roll cages, most have roll bars so in the dash where the entire world can see it or in a safety console between the seats may be better.

I have a full cage so mines overhead, otherweise the center console sound like a good spot.

I mount mine on the front of the console when I need it. Otherwise it sets on the shelf in my garage. I don't need the thing all the time. I really just don't want to listen to all the potty mouths when/if I had it permanently mounted. I have a magnet mount antenna that I put on the hood when I put the radio in.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom