Does anyone have any ideas ?

Does anyone have any ideas ?

tjmons

Old Time Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 cj7 , six cylinders , 5 speed , 2.5 inch skyjacker suspension lift , 2 inch body , 35 x 12.50 x 15's ,one piece axles , just bought this cj after PO stored for the past 25 yrs ,
My PO of my cj cut the speaker grill out of the dash. I found this horn button on Ebay , but I am not sure if I like it. See picture on left side of glove box, between the glove box and the radio. I am looking for ideas to do with this area. Any ideas ? Or should I leave it ?

12530d1356271963-does-anyone-have-any-ideas-2012_1219jeep30004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesnt look bad.. Id leave it, install a new speaker or get a new dash.

What does the dash actually look like? Is it just a big hole? Do you have a pic without the cap on the dash? That does look pretty good...

Its just a big hole. Sorry no pics.

Are you willing to pull the dash? I would pull it, tig in a panel and repaint, The only reason I would do this is that you CJ is extremely clean. Other than that I would keep the cap.

Thanks for the ideas. Its a shame because it is in rare condition.

Thanks for the ideas. Its a shame because it is in rare condition.
That is why I would fix it, put it back to stock. Your CJ is very nice, no rust and very, very clean. You could easily weld in a grill or even purchase a dash and replace the old one.

Thanks CJ , Its a shame the po did this. I think I just added another project to my list. I think I replace the complete dash. The PO cut out the other side speaker grill area also. This will take care of both issues.

if you can find a machine shop that does hydraulic pressing, press out a sloped (to the drivers side) opening that your GPS will mount in, there is plenty of room on the backside of that spot.. Paint to match dash, pop rivet in with some of that rubber/plastic U-shaped edging.. about 3/8" stuff.. that's something I want to do to mine..

That a excellent idea I could do until a dash replacement.Thanks

I like it.

You have a good looking solution to a bad hole in your dash plate.

Good Job!

Thanks , wife asked me what the button was for , I told her its " A holy s__t hang on button" , or a parachute release button.

Thanks , wife asked me what the button was for , I told her its " A holy s__t hang on button" , or a parachute release button.

:laugh:

eject.jpg

That is awesome....ejector seat button is a great idea

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom