Easiest way to remove the engine block?

Easiest way to remove the engine block?

nickgipe

Jeeper
Thanks
I have a new question and I dont mean to distract from the current problem but what would be the easiest way to remove the engine block? I am putting new headers on and would like a little bit of help. Does any have any recommendations for brands of headers?

Re: Maint. Problems/questions

It would be best if you start a new post on this. you will get more answers to your question without tying up this thread.

If you are just putting on new headers, Remove the fenders. Just a few bolts and you will have unrestricted access to the exhaust system.
I run Hedman headers on mine, but they are starting to rust. Think about getting whatever you buy coated, like therma-coat or titanium coating (thats what I will use on the next set)

Re: Maint. Problems/questions

Hi Nick! If you can go to your profile and fill in a bit of information about yourself and your jeep, It will be a lot easier to have some of your questions answered. That way, someone can know what year, Transmission / T case, front and rears, engine, etc you have, and what you do with your Jeep. Plus, we get to know each other a bit better! Depending on the year and size of your engine, there are diferent ways to install your headers.

I have a 7 with a AMC 304 and inside frame rail headers. I can get them very easily like mlcj5 said by removing fenders. Also worked on the 5 I had. If you plan on keeping the jeep more than a few years, get them coated. The headers on my jeep are only about 5 years old, and look at the pic. They were not coated. Summit has some good sets, and you can get them coated or uncoated.

cj778_007.jpg

First of all check the fenders. Unscrew the bolts and get the space for exhaust system for ultimately putting new headers.!
Titanium coating are a lot in use these days. Apply them on ur specific header. Done for it? Rite?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom