Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Can't we just do a car show...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
East Coast CJ Trail Ride
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7 232, 2 Barrel Motorcraft 2100, Factory T18, D20, WT D30/AMC20FF, 33x10.50 KM3s, Warn 8274, 6 Point Cage
With the success of the Annual Colorado, Moab and upcoming Rubicon Trail rides I was curious if those of us relegated to the eastern areas or west coasters looking for new opportunities would want to start up an east coast ride to join in the fun https://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

I would think that staying similar to the other annual rides would be important, keeping trails tame enough for beginners and less built rigs. Without lots of options for open public land with trails most likely it would need to be held at an off road park or the few areas with trails. Could be done over a week or 2-4 day weekend...

Options:
Windrock Off Road Park (TN)
Black Mountain Off Road Park (Harlan KY)
Slade/Daniel Boone Back Country Byway (KY)
Uwharrie National Forest (NC)
Adventure Off Road Park (TN)
George Washington National Forest (VA)
Rausch Creek Off Road Park (PA)

So if you're interested what would people like to see? The above list is by no means what we would be Limited to so other ideas are welcomed. I've been to Windrock and Harlan quite a few times but mostly ran more built rigs there and stayed off the easier trails. I do know both have quite a bit of easier trail that would be fun to explore more.

Great idea bud - Might buddy up with Posi there on east coast too for more options.

As I'm in the West, I can't commit at this point, but will be fun to see some more participation possible for East coast members.

I'll be watching along :chug:

More opportunities to wheel is a great thing. It would be nice for the guys out west to get a taste of wheeling in the east, its a whole different flavor.

None of those choices in the poll are working for me. I would be interested though in going. Just depends on when it is.

Poll was to gauge interest but it can be changed to locations. With the delivery of our 2nd child in September I'll likely prefer a long weekend in the general southeast haha.

I'm somewhere between I want to / would like to. And definitely in. Sometime between now, and in the future, hopefully sooner than later I'm swapping out my engine / transmission and transfer case and some other improvements.

Definitely be interested

I am interested,Colorado and Moab are my bucket list trips that i hope to make, i am still finishing up my ride i hope to have the front axle shafts by christmas but untilthen i am getting it running and working better onthe street

I voted Meh...if it's close ONLY because it was the only maybe option. I'm not really Meh about the idea - the idea i LOVE, it's just a planning and logisitics question.

To Posi's point - more wheeling in different areas is always good, and anything east of the eastern slope of the Rocky's is different for sure!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks