EGR supply tube

EGR supply tube

idenisovich

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ5, 258,don't know, Dana 20 (CID 300596-125 5357020 (2-7-76), I cat find any DIFF info
Can anyone say where I might find an EGR tube for my 78 258 like this? I copied this from another jeep forum...is that bad?

DSC04643.png

what is the thing threaded in the side of the exhaust manifold?? cylindrical with a wire running from it?

I forgot , this isn't yours.

that tube may be a bit of a problem, I plugged mine when I put a header on it but an EGR valve is not a bad thing. I have given thought to replacing it some how.

I don't see any replacements being offered by the usual suppliers.:cool:

Can anyone say where I might find an EGR tube for my 78 258 like this? I copied this from another jeep forum...is that bad?

DSC04643.png

what is the thing threaded in the side of the exhaust manifold?? cylindrical with a wire running from it?

:)Could be a NOX sensor ? Maybe this has a TBI or plate system that tunes off of the exhaust gases?
:D:D:D:D

Tube bender, flare tool, & some tube; make your own. Try to keep the EGR as it helps reduce the temperatures in the combustion chamber preserving your engine.

Yep, i figured I was going to have to make my own...the red wire is for an intake manifold heater. Not sure if mine works!!!

you still have to find the two ends, I do not think these are parts house available.

I would be looking in the grave yards for anything with a l6 AMC in it with the divorced manifolds.

Tube bender, flare tool, & some tube; make your own. Try to keep the EGR as it helps reduce the temperatures in the combustion chamber preserving your engine.

I have one you can have send me a PM.

I forgot , this isn't yours.

I beleave that's a O2 sensor my 86 California cj had one just like that.

O2 sensor on a 78? Mine sure did not have one but then I had the married intake/exhaust and the Carter 1 barrel Ca. setup.

O2 sensor on a 78? Mine sure did not have one but then I had the married intake/exhaust and the Carter 1 barrel Ca. setup.
Both my '84 and '83 non Calf. ones have it he my have a newer 258.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks