EGR supply tube

EGR supply tube

idenisovich

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ5, 258,don't know, Dana 20 (CID 300596-125 5357020 (2-7-76), I cat find any DIFF info
Can anyone say where I might find an EGR tube for my 78 AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l like this? I copied this from another jeep forum...is that bad?

DSC04643.png

what is the thing threaded in the side of the exhaust manifold?? cylindrical with a wire running from it?

I forgot , this isn't yours.

that tube may be a bit of a problem, I plugged mine when I put a header on it but an EGR valve is not a bad thing. I have given thought to replacing it some how.

I don't see any replacements being offered by the usual suppliers.:cool:

Can anyone say where I might find an EGR tube for my 78 AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l like this? I copied this from another jeep forum...is that bad?

DSC04643.png

what is the thing threaded in the side of the exhaust manifold?? cylindrical with a wire running from it?

:)Could be a NOX sensor ? Maybe this has a TBI or plate system that tunes off of the exhaust gases?
:D:D:D:D

Tube bender, flare tool, & some tube; make your own. Try to keep the EGR as it helps reduce the temperatures in the combustion chamber preserving your engine.

Yep, i figured I was going to have to make my own...the red wire is for an intake manifold heater. Not sure if mine works!!!

you still have to find the two ends, I do not think these are parts house available.

I would be looking in the grave yards for anything with a l6 AMC in it with the divorced manifolds.

Tube bender, flare tool, & some tube; make your own. Try to keep the EGR as it helps reduce the temperatures in the combustion chamber preserving your engine.

I have one you can have send me a PM.

I forgot , this isn't yours.

I beleave that's a O2 sensor my 86 California cj had one just like that.

O2 sensor on a 78? Mine sure did not have one but then I had the married intake/exhaust and the Carter 1 barrel Ca. setup.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom