electric nightmare

electric nightmare

dalefan88

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj5 258, t150, dana 20 transfer case, dana 30 front, 20 rear,warn hubs,2.5" procomp lift,teamrush,msd box,mc2100 carb,hedman header,clifford intake,optima battery, ford shock towers.
well i thought i would try to get my dashlights working. what a mess. alot of people told me it was the headlight switch so i bought a new one. put it in and this is what i get. if i put a testlight in the socket it lights up. put a bulb in nothing. pull the switch out headlights come on volt gauge goes to 0. turn the nob for the brightness of the dash lights shuts radio off. o boy i have no clue to even start. all the lights on my aftermarket gauges is on a toggle i put in going to a spot in the fuse block not being used. the power for my tach and radio are going in a spot in the fuse block not being used to. had to do all of this cause when i got the jeep the dashlights didnt work to run the gauge lights to and couldnt fined the powerwire for the radio.

its weird sometimes when i have the blinkers on the testlight will flash and sometimes it dont. i would honk the horn but it got messed up when the turnsignal switch fried lol.

well i sanded the grounds on the speedo and they work now. thanks brock

when i get the heater core and blower motor done ill have to figure out the fuel gauge.

Going with the stock heater and a chevy blower motor?
My fuel gauge started working when I connected a ground back at the fuel sending unit.

Hot damn! Another satisfied customer! :D

Great Job!

lol cj. thats what i was thinking about doin brock. thanks. ya stock core with blazer motor.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks