Engine Mounts

Engine Mounts

haskell44

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 cj7 stock inline 6, 4speed trans, 2011 jeep grand cherokee
Just got a 82 CJ7 a few weeks ago. i am looking for a new engine mount the one that bolts to the frame. the one on the passendger side is needing to be replaced. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to source one for you but just for curiosity what is wrong with the one you have, assuming you have one.:D

Thanks, The one that is on there now is in bad shape, where the rubber bushing bolts to it well its gone. the rubber is just sitting on the mount there is nothing for it to bolt to. it is a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l i think that makes a difference. I got alot of little things to do to get it back in shape.

may we have pictures please?:D

Thanks, The one that is on there now is in bad shape, where the rubber bushing bolts to it well its gone. the rubber is just sitting on the mount there is nothing for it to bolt to. it is a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l i think that makes a difference. I got alot of little things to do to get it back in shape.
Your mount has separated. The metal plate is molded into the rubber and you need to replace the complete rubber assembly. Assuming you have an I6 and not a V8 (please fill out your profile with engine, Transmission , diff and Transfer Case info).

Here is a pic of your mount.

engine-mount8128488.jpg

See -->> Engine Mount*8128488

Here is a thread that shows the different components for a V8 - a I6 is similar. -->> http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f7/motor-mounts-8874/

All of the mounts are available here -->> Engine Mounts & Transmission Mounts Jeep CJ5, CJ7, CJ8 Scrambler

This is it:eek: the pass. side looking up from under the jeep. its an inline6. anyone know where i can find one are shoul i just try to fap another one? thanks for all the help.

yep sure enough I was hoping it was just the mount had come un put together but the frame mount is toast. :cool:

I know of no one that makes single factory replacements for that mount. There have been so many I6 to V8 swaps done that I would place a wanted ad in our classifieds (once you meet the required amount of posts), a want ad on craigs list and call a few Jeep wrecking yards.

You can always go the expensive rout like a MORE set -->> Jeep Motor Mount for CJ-5, CJ-7, CJ-8 with AMC 6 CYL.Engines

Thanks i will look up a few wreaking yards. thanks for the help.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom