Engine & tranny identification

first off you don't have an 89' CJ7 they quit making them in 86 you might have an 89 yj with a cj frontend we need pictures of this machine. if its a 4cyl it should be the 2.5l and probably an ax5 or a crappy peugot tranny don't remeber the model # on the peugot i think its a ba10. or it could be an auto idk you didn't fill in the tranny type

first off you don't have an 89' CJ7 they quit making them in 86 you might have an 89 yj with a cj frontend we need pictures of this machine. if its a 4cyl it should be the 2.5l and probably an ax5 or a crappy peugot tranny don't remeber the model # on the peugot i think its a ba10. or it could be an auto idk you didn't fill in the tranny type

You're right, I don't my bad typing skills, my old eyes, hurrying, makes no difference, my bad I typed 89 and meant 85, I corrected it.
I do beleive I have the 2.5,,,T-4 ,,,Dana 30 but I plan on buying a running six cyl and tranny (Found one for $100) to replace the seized 4 banger. I have tried everything to break that thing loose from a breaker bar and my 230 lb kid standing on it, dragin the jeep in 4th gear, nothing has broken it loose. and I have let it set for weeks with kroil, PB blaster, engine oil in the cylinders. Anyway I would like to know what I am getting and you can't always trust what people tell ya, you know they get confused and you think you have an 89 when you really have an 85. :chug:

THanks
Robb

You're right, I don't my bad typing skills, my old eyes, hurrying, makes no difference, my bad I typed 89 and meant 85, I corrected it.
I do beleive I have the 2.5,,,T-4 ,,,Dana 30 but I plan on buying a running six cyl and tranny (Found one for $100) to replace the seized 4 banger. I have tried everything to break that thing loose from a breaker bar and my 230 lb kid standing on it, dragin the jeep in 4th gear, nothing has broken it loose. and I have let it set for weeks with kroil, PB blaster, engine oil in the cylinders. Anyway I would like to know what I am getting and you can't always trust what people tell ya, you know they get confused and you think you have an 89 when you really have an 85. :chug:

THanks
Robb

You might want to look into a tranny upgrade while your at it, because the T-4 is bested on by the T-5 as the weakest Transmission ever installed in a Jeep.
It's life expectancy behind a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l is not good especially with unknown mileage on the unit.;)

not to hijack, but I will debate that the T-86 was the weakest tranny ever put in, If we are taking out the engine and tranny, why are we trying to figure out what is in it?
ok, my bad, what we are getting
wow, you mean out of a YJ or TJ. I would have to do some searches to come up with those numbers
Have you looked in any of the big Jeep tech forums like Hiwire?

It might be a SR4 ? You should go to the book store and pick up a Jeep book. Jeep T-18 (76-79) You will know if it's a T-18 big sucker.
There are two T-18 's one with a 4 to one and one with a granny low.6:32
Again go to the book store. Even if you read the book there. Did I say that out loud.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom