Fan shroud

Fan shroud

rr41mag

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
04 dodge truck, 1966 chevy truck, 2012 rav4
And finally a 1981 jeep cj7 258 hardtop
I'm fixin to put this thing on the road but it didn't come with a fan shroud. It did fine on the drive home 20 miles but has undergone a Transmission formation. Should I look into getting one or making it?

If you plan on doing any kind of off roading a shroud is a must. You need to channel the air through the radiator so your cooling system works correctly, other wise you WILL over heat.

just for my .2 I never had a shroud and I never overheated. this is with a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l , I have a sudo shroud now but it is as much a place to mount the electric fan as it is a device to direct the air flow. A good 4 row radiator is a good thing.:D

If you have an automatic tranny I think you should consider it, otherwise don't worry about it. If you have any overheating issues, its because of some other reason. I have been meaning to put one on also, just because I have one laying around. I have installed a fixed fan since it is not a freeway driven vehicle.

I don't have an automatic. I have a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . I was just wondering that since I went to 35's from 32's headers and the DUI dizzy will it be something I need to be concerned with.

It's only another $100 or so, just add it to the bill. :D

I don't have an automatic. I have a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . I was just wondering that since I went to 35's from 32's headers and the DUI dizzy will it be something I need to be concerned with.

I've got the AMC 304 , DUI distributor, and Hooker headers. There's a lot of heat under my hood, but my coolant temperature stays fine with no shroud.

I have my shroud off still, and have been wheelin, and have had no problems yet knock-on-wood.gif with overheating. However, I have only wheeled it on a at the most 90 degree day with no shroud, so not sure about the summer heat times. I know i did not overheat before on hot days, but i had the shroud on then...

:chug:

~ JR

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom