Fed up With Carb

Fed up With Carb

phil77

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
80 CJ-7, 258, Howell TBI, Amc20, 4 spd,
So I thought I got this whole MC2100 problem fixed. I got it back from the shop and seems to be the same problem, Vacuum leak around the base and gaskets. I guess I'm going to have to go through and check the gaskets and add sealer to the new gaskets he added. Since he told me I shouldn't have to use that, but apparently I do. So that will be a temp fix.

Now to my question is it possible to replace my 6cyl AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l with a new or rebuilt fuel injected 6cyl? and if so is it fairly simple and what could I expect to pay for it. Also if so where could I find one. I won't be doing it, will leave that to the pros.

I just to be able to turn the key and go. These carbs are not letting me do that.

I live in Virginia Beach does anyone have any good engine shops around here? I have heard of this Open Air Jeeps place, any opinions on this guy?

are you using the thick baseplate gasket? i havent had any problems with my mc2100.

Now to my question is it possible to replace my 6cyl AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l with a new or rebuilt fuel injected 6cyl? and if so is it fairly simple and what could I expect to pay for it. Also if so where could I find one. I won't be doing it, will leave that to the pros.

I better solution many here have done and I am considering, is using a new 4.0 head complete with intake and computer for a mpfi set up.

I better solution many here have done and I am considering, is using a new 4.0 head complete with intake and computer for a mpfi set up.

Whats the cost of something like that? and I'll have to find a shop that knows how to do it.

are you using the thick baseplate gasket? i havent had any problems with my mc2100.

I was. then the mechanic took it off and told me I didn't need it. So I just put it back on and used the permatex 2 gasket sealer between each layer. gasket,adapter and thick gasket. Now just trying to see how long to let it dry before i crank it up to test it.

gasket sealer did the job. Started right and ran well. However I've decided to shell out the money and have the howell fuel injection installed.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom