filler ideas

filler ideas

ujoint

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
69 cj5 V-6 93 YJ Rock Crawler
hey Guys
I am looking for some ideas for something to cover up that big space between the front bumper and the grill on my 69 CJ5 . Im trying to keep the classic look and not a winch or a push bar.
What do ya got
Thanks Brian
:patriot:

hey Guys
I am looking for some ideas for something to cover up that big space between the front bumper and the grill on my 69 CJ5 . Im trying to keep the classic look and not a winch or a push bar.
What do ya got
Thanks Brian
:patriot:

I have to say IMHO the 8274 Warn winch is the perfect filler for that space, but all that aside.

A classic look is the old "Moon Tank".
View attachment 1864

View attachment 1865

View attachment 1866:cool:

light bar and lights, hilift jack and shovel ?

light bar and lights, hilift jack and shovel ?
and a fire ax and a deasert water bag.:cool:
and maybe a Garfield doll wired to the grill.

Ladies and gentelmen,

Longhorn

has left the building.:grinjeep:

and a fire ax and a deasert water bag.:cool:
and maybe a Garfield doll wired to the grill.

Ladies and gentelmen,

Longhorn

has left the building.:grinjeep:
The "Moon Tank" could be plumbed with air fittings & used for storage for a under hood air compressor. That & they look cool.:cool:

The "Moon Tank" could be plumbed with air fittings & used for storage for a under hood air compressor. That & they look cool.:cool:

I think you are right it would work and look cool too.:cool:
The ax and the doll were the only things I could think of.:wtf:

The winch is still the obvious best choice.:doh:

The Hot rodders originally kept fuel in them pressurized it with a hand pump.
I have a buddy that drives a 32' Ford Hi-Boy keeps his pressurized & full of "Stoli", for covert in-flight re-fueling.:eek:

The Hot rodders originally kept fuel in them pressurized it with a hand pump.
I have a buddy that drives a 32' Ford Hi-Boy keeps his pressurized & full of "Stoli", for covert in-flight re-fueling.:eek:

Thats what windshield washer tanks are for!!:D
and they come with a built in dispenser pump.:laugh:

Sorry no doll but as much as I don't want to, It seams to be leaning toward a winch. I like the tools idea though

Sorry no doll but as much as I don't want to, It seams to be leaning toward a winch. I like the tools idea though

the doll is kind of silly. I think the winch is about the coolest hood ornament you could have.

I saw a guy with a hi lift mounted on the front surface of the front bumper, that doesn't seem like a very good idea. I can't see it being a good idea to have the jack be the first at the seen of the impact.:wtf:

I would have to say the winch was the best thing I did to my last CJ; very handy thing to have.:chug:

If you want to keep it classic, why don't you go with the old Ramsey PTO Winch. It sits in the frame up front.

Ramsey_CJ2a_Winch_and_PTO.jpg

Grab a piece of aluminum diamond plate, prime it and paint it with black crinkle coat.
It would be subtle yet look trick.

If I could find one cheap I woulkd love to do that winch but they are hard to find cheap. The Diamond Plate with crinkle paint sounds like a good idea

I just sold a Ramsey PTO and Winch complete for $175 on CL. I posted it here for a little while. I see them post up on CL every once in a while. I didn't want to sell it, but with my power steering set up, it wouldn't fit up front. It was very easy to tear down and rebuild.

Disassembled PTO Winch

If you decide to go that route, I found lots of info on replacement parts, tips and tricks, ect...

if I can find one for 175 that was (an awesome deal to somebody) than I will contact you for some parts.
Thanks Guys

I paid $100 bucks even for it on CL, then sold it for $175 after finding out it wouldn't fit for my application. Alot of people don't want to mess with them, they don't take the time to research how to fix them, then sell them for cheap thinking they're junk. The fact of the matter is, they're basically indestructable! Replace some springs/pads/bearings/seals/grease nipples, slap a nice coat of paint on it, and it's good for many years. For under $100 on parts, it's brand new again.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom