Frame off resto.

Frame off resto.

Slingdog1

Jeeper
Thanks
Thinking about removing the front cap and tub off the frame and completely restoring my 76 CJ5 to original condition. Is this wise and how much work is involved? I've never delved this deep into any mechanical venture!!!!! Any and all advice would be appreciated!!!!!!

It is wise, there aren't many Jeeps left anymore and bringing one back to life is always a good thing. But it is a lot of work, it takes time and money and more of both than you'll originally plan on. But it is rewarding and sometimes therapeutic. Many people do it but you must have the tools and space to use for the duration of the project.

It is a lot of work but well worth it, check out my 1960 CJ5 frame off resto. Not finished yet but it's coming along nicely.:)

It is wise, there aren't many Jeeps left anymore and bringing one back to life is always a good thing. But it is a lot of work, it takes time and money and more of both than you'll originally plan on. But it is rewarding and sometimes therapeutic. Many people do it but you must have the tools and space to use for the duration of the project.

I concur; with these additions. Make sure your other half is on board with the patience and time involved. All kinds of stuff happens in life and there goes the weekend or week night. I wound up waiting on my paint guy for almost six months.

Now there is one more thing and it subjective to perception. There are many ways to skin a cat and many ways to fix, repair or replace broken, bent , cracked components. Think of it as going out a little further on a limb, some of us don't want to go very far and some will go to the end. One thing you can count on is the guys here, they have some damn good advice, you just got to ask.

Oh, BTW, what 0822 said also.

0822....Nice. I have a small shop and the tools. Money on the otherhand will be the issue. I'll prioritize and take my time and do what I can when I can.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom