Fuel line attachment

Fuel line attachment

woodnjeep

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ5 304 3 speed
Hope this isn't too much trouble to ask.
I was replacing my bell crank (see pic as to why) and while I was under the Jeep I notice that the fuel lines were resting on the bell crank. There's a tab on each portion of the hard line but it's not bolted to anything.

Does anyone have any pics of how/where the lines are to be secured?
The rubber sections between the firewall and the fuel pump is getting kinda squishy so I'm going to replace them while I'm at it and I would like to button things up properly.
Your help is much appreciated. It's a 79 with a AMC 304 .

My bell crank broke at the same place. I rewelded rather than replaced but you would think it would be stronger than that. My fuel return line goes past the belcrank and it is held by a strap bolted to the frame with a 1/4 inch bolt, I would think you would be able to see the hole it threads into.:cool:

Hope this isn't too much trouble to ask.
I was replacing my bell crank (see pic as to why) and while I was under the Jeep I notice that the fuel lines were resting on the bell crank. There's a tab on each portion of the hard line but it's not bolted to anything.

Does anyone have any pics of how/where the lines are to be secured?
The rubber sections between the firewall and the fuel pump is getting kinda squishy so I'm going to replace them while I'm at it and I would like to button things up properly.
Your help is much appreciated. It's a 79 with a AMC 304 .

My bell crank broke at the same place. I rewelded rather than replaced but you would think it would be stronger than that. My fuel return line goes past the belcrank and it is held by a strap bolted to the frame with a 1/4 inch bolt, I would think you would be able to see the hole it threads into.:cool:

Appreciate the response. I thought about getting it welded but the boots and bushings needed to be replaced so I picked up the whole kit for a good price.
I figured 30 years of use was a major cause for the crack.

I only got under it far enough to get the bell crank out and the exhaust pipe is right in the way to get a good view of the frame. Tomorrow I'll try and get a better angle and see if I can spot the mounting hole.

I was able to get a couple of pics while I was finishing up the bell crank install.
It looks like the previous owner unhooked the fuel lines when they installed dual exhaust.

You can see a bolt missing from the metering block.
If I hook this back up will it put the fuel lines too close to the exhaust?

perhaps I misunderstand something, but the bolt you are pointing to secures the brake proportioning valve and the lines going to it are brake lines. As far as the location, how far are the lines from the exhaust now?? I wouldn't think you could possibly have more than an inch or two at best. I would want the proportioning valve held with two bolts, to keep the vibration stress away from the brake lines.:cool:

I was able to get a couple of pics while I was finishing up the bell crank install.
It looks like the previous owner unhooked the fuel lines when they installed dual exhaust.

You can see a bolt missing from the metering block.
If I hook this back up will it put the fuel lines too close to the exhaust?

perhaps I misunderstand something, but the bolt you are pointing to secures the brake proportioning valve and the lines going to it are brake lines. As far as the location, how far are the lines from the exhaust now?? I wouldn't think you could possibly have more than an inch or two at best. I would want the proportioning valve held with two bolts, to keep the vibration stress away from the brake lines.:cool:

Yep, you pretty much got it correct. One of the bolts securing the proportioning valve is missing. And yes I am going to replace that.
It looks like the fuel lines are secure by the missing bolt also.
I know this is a stretch, but does anyone have a pic of the proportioning valve and the fuel lines at that location?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom