Fuel regulator plumbing ?

Fuel regulator plumbing ?

tvince

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ7
I have the 38 Webber and purchased the recomended fuel pressure regulator a Mr Gasket but its messin with my head where it needs to be and if it will even work at all or if Im just confused.
78 CJ7 AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l mech fuel pump
the filter is after the pump and has one in and two out one to carb and one return to tank
the regulator has one in and one out
if I put it before the filter it seems it would regulate split between the carb and the return to tank
if I put it in the carb line after the filter would it not have a hard time regulating seeing how it would just bypass and flow to the return line and not allow pressure to reach set psi?
and past experiance with mech fuel pumps they dont like extra work ie being Limited
or am I just gonna need to go to elec fuel pump?
anyway thanks in advance for all your responses

You'll put it inline AFTER the filter, BEFORE the carburetor. The carburetor constantly blocks off flow from the fuel pump/filter (bowl fills, needle closes), so the fuel pump won't care. The regulator will be invisible to the fuel filter, too - it'll act (as far as the filter sees) exactly like the carburetor does when the bowl's full.

If you put it before the filter, the filter's backpressure and bypass are likely to lower the pressure even more before it reaches the carburetor - not what you want.

Thanks guys very much appreciated thats where I had it but I was never sure just wanted to get opinions / insite while waiting on my new driveshafts and will be able to try it the T-176 and Dana 300 freshly installed! After a fresh rebuild, my first

x2 on mine i put a regular old inline filter before the fuel pump then i put the regulator up near the carb works great here you can see it right behind the red hose same regulator you have
so do you have a return line / overflow back to the tank my filter has 1 in and 2 out one to carb and 1 back to tank

Cagle used to make a vacuum regulator that helped stock Jeep 2 barrel carbs run better.

That's kinda' interesting... I'm having a hard time getting my head around how it'd help, though, with everything else mixed into the equation. Vacuum drops away, fuel pressure (behind the float & needle) rises? Vacuum goes high, fuel pressure falls back? Float level stays the same, true?

That's kinda' interesting... I'm having a hard time getting my head around how it'd help, though, with everything else mixed into the equation. Vacuum drops away, fuel pressure (behind the float & needle) rises? Vacuum goes high, fuel pressure falls back? Float level stays the same, true?

I'm pretty sure that was it.
I remember them being popular with the 6 cyl.2barrel guys in CJ's & FJ 40's.

The way I see it when you cut the throttle, it was suppose to lessen the fuel surge to the carb.

so do you have a return line / overflow back to the tank my filter has 1 in and 2 out one to carb and 1 back to tank
nope don't have a return line anymore the mc2100 is setup just like you would see it when it was on the ford f100 that it came on, although i don't think it had a fuel press. reg. factory. i don't think the weber will need the return line either, if you wanna ditch it, one less line to deal with

I have a weber and use the holley fpr. I started with the mr gasket and my carb still ran rich. Put the regulator after the two output filter and adjust the carb for best lean. My jeep runs great.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom