jasonmark1993

Old Time Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
FJ cruiser (wifes ride)
2008 ZX10R,
73 CJ5, 408W, Toploader, Dana 20, 9" Dana 30 5.38 gears, next purchase=slicks
Anybody have any recommendations or buyer beware stories for a new speedo and matching gauges?

I def. want a separate oil and temp gauges; not a quad kit that has everything in the speedo.

Thanks!

My dash I designed and made with autometer guages...

Really like your guage cluster, is it made out of aluminum.

Hey that's pretty cool. Were you able to reuse the factory cable? Im noticing alot of things are from Ford on my year of Jeep.

My speedo bounces alot also; never had to diagnose this problem before but is that usually the speedo or the cable?

Hey that's pretty cool. Were you able to reuse the factory cable? Im noticing alot of things are from Ford on my year of Jeep.

My speedo bounces alot also; never had to diagnose this problem before but is that usually the speedo or the cable?

thankyou...
I designed it out of poster board, folded the way I wanted it to end up. Then went from there.

Yes, factory speedo cable....
mechanical oil pressure, and to fill the empty space I got a Transmission temp guage, which until recently didnt know how important it is with an auto tranny.......

I wish I could answer the question about the bouncing effect... I cant say mine bounces now with the new guages. While driving, the fuel is all over the place though.

Really like your guage cluster, is it made out of aluminum.

Yes, aluminum.
The piece I got to make the guage cluster out of wasnt as good quality as the rest of the dash. There isnt anything specifically "wrong" with it, I can just tell it doesnt have as nice a "feel" to it.

But thankyou....

I wanted to make/design something different than the ones on the market.

Thanks for the info..

I really like the look of that Jeepboy45... :notworthy:

May have to "borrow" the idea when i rebuild my dash! :cool:

:chug:

~ JR

I really like the look of that Jeepboy45... :notworthy:

May have to "borrow" the idea when i rebuild my dash! :cool:

:chug:

~ JR
Thats cool... It isnt like I invented the wheel, but I just wanted to do something a little different than mass market..

Its ok, I see you're in Cal and I'm in Fla..... No one will prob ever see the resemblence between the two!!!! LOL

DDFab does a very similar pod that you can save a few hours fab

Its ok, I see you're in Cal and I'm in Fla..... No one will prob ever see the resemblence between the two!!!! LOL

True True ! :chug:

DDFab does a very similar pod that you can save a few hours fab

Something satisfying about fabbing stuff myself, and i save some $$ :cool:

True True ! :chug:

Something satisfying about fabbing stuff myself, and i save some $$ :cool:

Yeah I agree although sometimes the time vs cost equation comes into play and its a good lead for others reading this thread latter:chug:

Yes great link... :notworthy: I'm always a stubborn :censored: about that, I love to make stuff from scratch. My rear Bumper is totally custom, front heavily modified...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom