Good Windhield Frame?

Good Windhield Frame?

FLJeeper

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7, 258 4.2L, T150 Tranny, Dana 20 T-case, Stock Diffs
I'm hoping to get some recomendations on a good replacement windshield frame. I've seen em on ebay for as little as $100, though I'm not too sure of the quality. I'm leaning towards the replacement frame available from qtech. Any advice before I pull the trigger?

I just bought one from Collins brothers and so far I am favorably impressed. The right gauge metal and all the holes in the right place. The wiper area has extra reinforcement above and beyond the original. I didn't have to pay shipping because they are right up the road from me which made the price unbeatable but I think you will find them competitive.:cool:

I just bought one from Collins brothers and so far I am favorably impressed. The right gauge metal and all the holes in the right place. The wiper area has extra reinforcement above and beyond the original. I didn't have to pay shipping because they are right up the road from me which made the price unbeatable but I think you will find them competitive.:cool:

So IO did you abandon the idea of using the fiberglass frame?

for the moment, No telling what tomorrow will bring and it doesn't take up that much space. I guess it comes down to having things to do that seem more fun than working with fiberglass.:D

So IO did you abandon the idea of using the fiberglass frame?

I would steer away from one made by Crown, I just received the one I ordered and was not impressed with it at all, it looks to be fairly good quaility, the thing I do not like is it has the 2 lines under the windshield like the YJ frame.

Im under the impression that there is one die in Tiawan stamping these out, and that it really does not matter who you buy it from or what you pay, your getting the same frame ?

Well I'm not sure what to do then :confused:
IO, if you're impressed with the frame from Collins Bros I'll probably call them next week.

The boy behind the counter was a bit surprised when I pulled a micrometer out of my pocket and measured the gauge of the frame, He did say that they had sold one or two other brands in the past and had gotten way too many returns and complaints. So far, he tells me, no returns on this one.
God knows I believe everything the kid behind the counter at the parts house tells me.:rolleyes:
So far so good

Well I'm not sure what to do then :confused:
IO, if you're impressed with the frame from Collins Bros I'll probably call them next week.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom