Gotta sell my WJ Overland

Gotta sell my WJ Overland

Zuni

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7, 03 WJ
This Winter is making my decision. After driving WJ Overland in the snow for 2 years, and then my Subaru, and my friends FX4 its just not funny anymore. First of all, I know many here love the WJ but in my opinion it isn't all that great. 4WD pickups are not good in the snow as a whole, but that FX4 with the same tires I have on my WJ puts the WJ to shame. Besides that the WJ has too many problems (expensive). Climate control that sucks, plastic power steering pump pullys that break, power window actuators that break, starters that burn up, heated seats that can start on fire, drivetrain noises that are loud and come and go at will. I thought I was the only one having issues until I met 2 other people with Overlands in one week and we all had the same issues. Thank God I didn't buy it new. Anyway I guess I'm spoiled by my Subaru that is as trouble free as anything I've ever owned and can plow through 18 inches of snow and never look back.

So in the next few monthes I'll sell the WJ, keep the Subaru and CJ, and buy a pick up which I need anyway. I gave up on the Raptor because it was too expensive, I gave up the '56 F100 I found because the seller was really didn't want to sell it. He raised the price $5000 after I talked to him. I'm not sure what that was all about.

I'm thinking of getting a Ford Lightning for a couple of reasons. I like it, it serves my pick up needs, and because I designed the intercooler, and intercooler low temp radiator for it, when Roush was in charge of the design and delevopment for SVT. Just need to find a good one that hasn't been modified.

Thanks for listening. I needed to get this off my chest. Anybody want to buy my money pit WJ?

What year lightning you looking at getting?
I like the newer ones but the older lightnings just have
something that appeals to me.
I guess it comes from my first old ford that had a 429.

This Winter is making my decision. After driving WJ Overland in the snow for 2 years, and then my Subaru, and my friends FX4 its just not funny anymore. First of all, I know many here love the WJ but in my opinion it isn't all that great. 4WD pickups are not good in the snow as a whole, but that FX4 with the same tires I have on my WJ puts the WJ to shame. Besides that the WJ has too many problems (expensive). Climate control that sucks, plastic power steering pump pullys that break, power window actuators that break, starters that burn up, heated seats that can start on fire, drivetrain noises that are loud and come and go at will. I thought I was the only one having issues until I met 2 other people with Overlands in one week and we all had the same issues. Thank God I didn't buy it new. Anyway I guess I'm spoiled by my Subaru that is as trouble free as anything I've ever owned and can plow through 18 inches of snow and never look back.

So in the next few monthes I'll sell the WJ, keep the Subaru and CJ, and buy a pick up which I need anyway. I gave up on the Raptor because it was too expensive, I gave up the '56 F100 I found because the seller was really didn't want to sell it. He raised the price $5000 after I talked to him. I'm not sure what that was all about.

I'm thinking of getting a Ford Lightning for a couple of reasons. I like it, it serves my pick up needs, and because I designed the intercooler, and intercooler low temp radiator for it, when Roush was in charge of the design and delevopment for SVT. Just need to find a good one that hasn't been modified.

Thanks for listening. I needed to get this off my chest. Anybody want to buy my money pit WJ?

The Lightning is a wicked truck. I help build the superchargers.
Finding one that has not been modified may be a task.
Do you work for Roush? If so you might could put a TVS unit on it.:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom