half door uppers dont fit

half door uppers dont fit

Greg Krantz

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7 Full restoration frame off. stock new inline 6, glass delux body, steel front end, 4 speed
I have stock jeep 1/2 doors on my stock 83 CJ7 . I had to relocate and change the door striker but the steel doors fit like a glove. the problem is that the soft top uppers do not fit right or close properly. There is a huge gap on the top front on both sides. I have looked at as many blogs and posts as I can to see what can be done. can anyone helpP

Thanks

soft top uppers do not fit right or close properly. There is a huge gap on the top front on both sides.
half door uppers dont fit?
top front?
You mean where the door meets the windshield?
Post pics to help us help you.
I am only guessing but it sounds like the windshield isn't in the correct location.

If it is the windshield loosen up or remove the brackets in the cab that hold the windshield in place. Then try to pull the windshield back and re-tighten the brackets.
Here's the brackets I'm talking about. You can see how the top bolt holes are sloted
7408.jpg

This might be a dumb question, but are the doors from a YJ or a TJ ?

I have stock jeep 1/2 doors on my stock 83 CJ7 . I had to relocate and change the door striker but the steel doors fit like a glove. the problem is that the soft top uppers do not fit right or close properly. There is a huge gap on the top front on both sides. I have looked at as many blogs and posts as I can to see what can be done. can anyone helpP

Thanks

Did you end up finding out about what uppers you needed/how did you fix this?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom