Halfing 2 tubs together.

Halfing 2 tubs together.

Jimbos76cj

Full Time Jeeper
Posts
2,223
Thanks
0
Location
St.Cloud FL
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7.. 4" YJ springs front rear, J-10 44 front/AMC 20 rear,6 cy auto dana 300 35' bfg Done and gone!!


Ask me about my head light upgrade harness!!!
THis is a duplicate post from my build page but figured some people dont read build threads and may be interested in this.

Im gonna peice me a tub together. I have a Full CJ tub that has a rotted cowl area and a Solid yj Front half so ive decided im going to piece them together. Never done this before I figured id take a few pics and post em.. hoping either some one can add some insight or provide them with some.

Heres the first thing I did.
IMG_4937.jpg
IMG_4217-1.jpg

I drilled 2 peices of steel to fit snug between the out side seat holes, measured in 2" from the rear hole and mounted the up right. I reinforced the 2.5" flat stock with left over angle and hung it between the uprights. My idea for the frame work is to lay a speed square on the front of it and I can trace a line about 90% across floor. the other 10% Ill use the good ole calibrated eye ball. Im thinking sawzall for the majority of the cutting. Im not sure how well a cut off wheel will do. Im pretty acurate with the sawzal. any pointers or tips? I painted the orange stripe so I would have contrast to the black tub. In hind sight I nver checked how close the bolt holes were on the CJ tub so hopefulle the frame work will transfer right over to it and I can cut the same lines.

Im currently trying to get my motor back together and want it done before I start cutting on the tub since they are both kept in the same area so it might be a few days before I get back to working on the tub.
 

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks