Hate my rims - whats the best way to broker a trade

Hate my rims - whats the best way to broker a trade

dagwoodzz

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ V6 4SP
Whats the best way to broker a trade for rims?

Thought about posting on Craigslist, but don't want to deal with a bunch text messages from meth addicts. Has anyone had success trading rims? What's the best method?

Craigslist, newspaper add, pawnshop, thrifty nickle add? If you've had good results making a trade on rims please let me know how you did it.

-D

I Have a CJ7 with 15" rims 10" wide. They are aluminum and look good. Tires are 33x12.50-15 but bald and need replacing.

The lugs are recessed inside the rim and can only be accessed by a thin wall socket.This requires carrying a breaker bar and socket set all the time. I want a set of rims that can be removed with just a 4-way and not have a breaker bar always in the way and a bunch of sockets bouncing loose that will get lost anyway.

Would like to swap rims before buying new tires. In the perfect world I'd like to trade with someone who has some practical rims 8" - 9" wide and would like to trade up for something nicer and can handle bigger tires.

Can you post some pics of the rims you have? What are you looking for? I have a few steel wagon wheel rims if that is what you are looking for.
I use the heck out of CL, just utilize the 'hidden email' option and weed out what sounds like a tweeker or spam.
Definitely take the tires off the rims, unless they are usable as rollers for a shop. That will make them more appealing to a prospective trader.
Make sure you keep the lug nuts with the rims, as they are getting hard to find.

I have a set of Chrome rims with BF goodwrench tires 31x10.5 rim looks to be about 8 or 9 inches and I am looking for bigger tires and a wider rim having to use a thin wall socket do not bother me. the tires have some good thred left. he is a pic. Where are you located?

It may not sound like much to some but I am a big function over form person too. I had this same issue on my YJ. Hated it. You could never find that dang thin wall when you needed it and lots of people carry tools but not many carry thin wall sockets on the trail.

The good thing is, those are nice looking wheels as were the ones I had. You should be able to broker a trade fairly easy. Clean one up with some aluminum polish and put a pic on CL. There are lots of form over function Mall Crawler types out there :D.

I have a set of Chrome rims with BF goodwrench tires 31x10.5 rim looks to be about 8 or 9 inches and I am looking for bigger tires and a wider rim having to use a thin wall socket do not bother me. the tires have some good thred left. he is a pic. Where are you located?

I have bigger wheels and I am looking for a customer to sale it so if you want then I can post the tyre pictures.Reply.
aftermarket headlights

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks