Head Gasket Question...

Head Gasket Question...

project74

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1974 CJ5, 304v8... purchased 8/8/11
I recieved a master kit which included a Victor head gasket set...these appear to be mesh metal covered with a plastic layer...duplicate of the normal metal gaskets but I have never used these "plastic covered metal ones"....any thoughts...great, :dung:, ???
Anybody used these and had good or bad luck with them?
thanks for any insight. ed

That is the head gaskets that were on my 401. I had a compression leak into the water jacket causing over heating. I replaced the head gaskets last summer with Edelbrock head gaskets, that have a seal around the water ports. They are a little more expensive but I think worth it. With heads reworked and planed, with these gaskets solved my over heating. You could see the leak with heads off, it ran from the number 3 cylinder to the water port.So I don't like the Victor gaskets.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks