Headlights not working...

Headlights not working...

78cj5

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
!978 CJ5
Just got done installing the new carb. got ready to drive it for the first time (ever) and i have no headlights :mad::mad::mad:

Wheres the easiest place to start for this round of B.S.?

I would start with to dimmer switch on the floor. They can go bad or rust to the floor and short out. They are cheap also.

If not that maybe bad switch, loose wire somewhere,blow fuse,

red wire with white tracer at dimmer switch is hot from light switch. if no 12Vdc to ground check the light switch.:chug:

I would start with to dimmer switch on the floor. They can go bad or rust to the floor and short out. They are cheap also.

If not that maybe bad switch, loose wire somewhere,blow fuse,

After that in Jeep you always have to check the ground. My CJ8 the sockets at the headlights went bad or lose at the connection. I had to splice in fresh ones.

been there done that, they always go out just before I go to the inspection station and I agree that the dimmer is the best place to start if for no other reason than you can pull the plug and check the power from the light switch

It was the dimmer switch . What odd is it doesnt look old. It seperated the plastic from metal. I just clamped it back together and they are working. :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom