heater core price differences

heater core price differences

gillmore

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Northern California (Petaluma, Sonoma County)
Vehicle(s)
FORMER: 1979 Jeep CJ5 w/ stock 304 V8, T-150, Dana 20 transfer case, Dana 30 Front & AMC 20 rear, MC 2100 carb, 31x10.5x15 (8" wheels), no lift (HD leaf pack), Warn 8274 winch, ~99K miles.
The heater core was disconnected/bypassed when I bought my '79 CJ5 last year. I'm planning on replacing it soon and have found prices ranging from $35-$80. Is this a "you get what you pay for" item? Are there certain features that justify spending more?

Glen

The heater core was disconnected/bypassed when I bought my '79 CJ5 last year. I'm planning on replacing it soon and have found prices ranging from $35-$80. Is this a "you get what you pay for" item? Are there certain features that justify spending more?

Glen
Heater? Heater? It was 101 degrees yesterday. I'm stripping the ducting, pulling out the hoses, and dropping in a cooler thermostat. Next is a bikini top to keep the sun off my passengers, and a three-row aluminum radiator to enable the AMC 304 to stop sweating.

The beauty part of being old is that, even if I DO get cold running the woods, I won't remember it a week later!

But seriously, it was so cold (Gulfport, MS) for so long last year that I was glad I hadn't yet taken off the softtop. I will store any removed parts in my garage attic. I might be motivated to put 'em back in December.

I hear you! I figure replacing the heater core during summer is going to be better than waiting until I really need it. On the west coast, coastal summer fog can roll in pretty fast and even August can get chilly when the doors and top are off.

Napa shows pn# 6603158, my cost 41.20. List @ 76.52.

i work at advance auto and got mine for 35 to 40 and it has a lifetime replacement.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom