!!!!HELP!!!!! 258 TBI swap

!!!!HELP!!!!! 258 TBI swap

WillB

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
74 baja bug, 76 Jeep CJ5, 05 KTM450
I just picked up my first jeep and its in deperate need of some help. It has the 258(4.2) engine and I would love to leave this engine in it. has several wiring and carb issues right now and i'm very interested in doing a TBI swap off ane eailer gm vehicle. Can anyone help with step by step directions or a parts list?

Hello WillB and welcome to our site! :chug:

Busted Jeep had the best write up I had ever seen, unfortunately the web site has closed.

I have tried contacting the owner a few times about hosting it - but he has never gotten back with me. I have it archived but because of copyrights - I cannot share it.

You can still access the site at the internet archive though.

Internet Archive Wayback Machine Busted Jeep

Busted Jeep had the best write up I had ever seen, unfortunately the web site has closed.

I have tried contacting the owner a few times about hosting it - but he has never gotten back with me. I have it archived but because of copyrights - I cannot share it.

Thansk Cj i figured it was Busted Jeep, but it wouldnt let me go to it so i didnt want to send him a pointless link.

Thats pretty cool. :D Yup thats the one Busted Jeep

I had thought that busted jeep was a tuned port injection not a Throttle body, I guess I was wrong?:dunno:

Thats pretty cool. :D Yup thats the one Busted Jeep
can you e-mail it??
I saved the file, or thought I did, but I have all the pictures and no text.:(

I found it in "the way back machine" that is one of the slowest servers I have ever encountered, reminds me of those glorious days of dial up,
BUT the pictures are not there just the text, so now I have a web page with no pictures and a file full of thumbnail size pictures. I would guess they are about .00000000003 mega pixel, but it's a start. thanks Pete and CJ

Link in post #7 of this thread. :D
can you e-mail it??
I saved the file, or thought I did, but I have all the pictures and no text.:(

nothing from busted jeep is working right now? :bang:

Didn't feel like reading this post huh... :laugh:

http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f2/help-258-tbi-swap-3066/#post26089

Hence the reason I refered to 11 in my post, LOL.
Post #11 rocks Brock!! I had a case of "target fixation", I knew what I was looking for and didn't look in any other direction.:shooter:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks