Hercules Trail Digger tires

Hercules Trail Digger tires

GoldenEagle36

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj7 Golden Eagle 304,automatic, Quadra-trac, full restoration just "finished." 4 inch superlift, lift shackles in the front, sitting on some KM2 Mud terrians
1999 tj 4 cylinder ax5 trans 3 inches lift 31s
1956 Dj3a all original except axles and engine, Hurricane 4 cyl. 4x4 conversion, 27,500 original miles 58 Jeep-A-Trench cj5 8000 miles.
If anybody on here is in search of a nice mud tire that wont empty your wallet, go after the Hercules Trail Digger.

I just picked up my first set 2 weeks ago after doing a crapload of tire research (3 months to be exact) for a cheap, streetable, and capable mud tire. I found the tires by mistake on craigslist (I was fortunate to have a Hercules dealer by me) and the tread design and depth I saw was quite impressive. I actually run a 31x10.50 my '99 Tj and within the 2 weeks, im proud to say that ive fallen in love with them. the handling is great because of the soft compound, and they take corners very well and re relatively light. I went on a wheeling trip with my buddies this weekend and you point, they go. they clean very well and dig right into the soft PA clay and fresh mud. Of all the 3 months of reading about them on other forums of guys that really have had the time to experience them, they are recommended 99.9% of the time. they also get good milage from the reviews I read, from 40k and up. (depending on how you would use them, of course) They aren't a "get what you pay for tire" they run cheaper than a name brand tire (mickey thompson, bf Goodrich...etc) I paid around 155 for each tire which is good considering the other tires I had in mind were 200 each.

I know I haven't had them really long enough to set a good review, but from this short experience, I must say they are a very good tire for the guy who doesn't want to dump a ton of money into the rubber that meets the trail.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks