Here is the cam I bought

Here is the cam I bought

DIG

Jeeper
Thanks
Check out the cam kit I bought, will this sound pretty good? Should I buy cam bearings>??

Umm... Link??:confused:

Do you have someone who can change out the cam bearings for you? Is the block still in the Jeep?

New cam should = new bearings and a check to be sure their in line.

What are the specs and intended use for your Jeep?
Tire size?
Gear ratio?
What transmission?
Do you plan on daily driving (economy minded use), rock crawling, high RPM use, or towing?
What are your engine specs, bored out? Carb/FI? Intake manifold type? Ex manifolds or Headers- if headers are they shorty or long tube?
IMO that's a lot of cam for a DD Jeep, it is likely economy will suffer. The RPM range is pretty high as well. It would be a fun cam for say a 360 AMX.

What are the specs and intended use for your Jeep?
Tire size?
Gear ratio?
What transmission?
Do you plan on daily driving (economy minded use), rock crawling, high RPM use, or towing?
What are your engine specs, bored out? Carb/FI? Intake manifold type? Ex manifolds or Headers- if headers are they shorty or long tube?
IMO that's a lot of cam for a DD Jeep, it is likely economy will suffer. The RPM range is pretty high as well. It would be a fun cam for say a 360 AMX.

I intend to use my jeep to hit the local mud holes, go out and raise hell on the streets,and go to car shows, I wanted something that had a big lope to it! Performance doesnt bother me too bad, like I said my main purpse was for sound.........Motor is NOT bored, 2 barrel holly carb, headman fenderwell headers, purple hornies I dont see how fuel eceonomy would be affected by a cam.....my past mustangs have had big cams and feul economy never affected :confused:

Camshaft bearings can be quite difficult to get in and out of an AMC V-8 without someone that knows what they are doing!

Keep a VERY CLOSE EYE on the oil hole alignment!
Most people screw that up in a BIG way...

DO NOT try and substitute something else for a proper cam bearing driver!
Nothing else will work in an AMC block!
Pay the money, and RENT a proper camshaft bearing driver!

I am not going to put cam bearing in it, I have run out of money so I am going to take my chances and see how lucky I get, the bearings look good from what I can tell so hopefully I will be ok, I know this isnt a good idea but I havent ever changed the bearing on mustangs and have been lucky so far so I guess I am gonna try my luck, my bank account leaves me no other choice.:bang:

I'm betting that the engine will be a dog until it gets more air thru a 4 BBL carb/intake package.

I agree but my funds ran out for the 4 barrel lol so it will come in the next month or two

For the money you spent on a camshaft set up for a 304, you could have got a good RUNNING 360 from a FSJ...
They grow on trees, I pick them up all day long for around $200 to $300...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks