Here is the cam I bought

Here is the cam I bought

DIG

Jeeper
Thanks
Check out the cam kit I bought, will this sound pretty good? Should I buy cam bearings>??

Umm... Link??:confused:

Do you have someone who can change out the cam bearings for you? Is the block still in the Jeep?

New cam should = new bearings and a check to be sure their in line.

What are the specs and intended use for your Jeep?
Tire size?
Gear ratio?
What Transmission ?
Do you plan on daily driving (economy minded use), rock crawling, high RPM use, or towing?
What are your engine specs, bored out? Carb/FI? Intake manifold type? Ex manifolds or Headers- if headers are they shorty or long tube?
IMO that's a lot of cam for a DD Jeep, it is likely economy will suffer. The RPM range is pretty high as well. It would be a fun cam for say a 360 AMX.

What are the specs and intended use for your Jeep?
Tire size?
Gear ratio?
What Transmission ?
Do you plan on daily driving (economy minded use), rock crawling, high RPM use, or towing?
What are your engine specs, bored out? Carb/FI? Intake manifold type? Ex manifolds or Headers- if headers are they shorty or long tube?
IMO that's a lot of cam for a DD Jeep, it is likely economy will suffer. The RPM range is pretty high as well. It would be a fun cam for say a 360 AMX.

I intend to use my jeep to hit the local mud holes, go out and raise hell on the streets,and go to car shows, I wanted something that had a big lope to it! Performance doesnt bother me too bad, like I said my main purpse was for sound.........Motor is NOT bored, 2 barrel holly carb, headman fenderwell headers, purple hornies I dont see how fuel eceonomy would be affected by a cam.....my past mustangs have had big cams and feul economy never affected :confused:

Camshaft bearings can be quite difficult to get in and out of an AMC V-8 without someone that knows what they are doing!

Keep a VERY CLOSE EYE on the oil hole alignment!
Most people screw that up in a BIG way...

DO NOT try and substitute something else for a proper cam bearing driver!
Nothing else will work in an AMC block!
Pay the money, and RENT a proper camshaft bearing driver!

I am not going to put cam bearing in it, I have run out of money so I am going to take my chances and see how lucky I get, the bearings look good from what I can tell so hopefully I will be ok, I know this isnt a good idea but I havent ever changed the bearing on mustangs and have been lucky so far so I guess I am gonna try my luck, my bank account leaves me no other choice.:bang:

I'm betting that the engine will be a dog until it gets more air thru a 4 BBL carb/intake package.

I agree but my funds ran out for the 4 barrel lol so it will come in the next month or two

For the money you spent on a camshaft set up for a AMC 304 , you could have got a good RUNNING 360 from a FSJ...
They grow on trees, I pick them up all day long for around $200 to $300...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom