Hood Pole?

Hood Pole?

OLD 9

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
72 C-10 Chevy w/ BBC, 79 CJ5
I'm not sure what it's called but I've been looking for the pole that holds the hood open. Mine is missing. It hasen't been a problem, I just open the hood and gently lay it against the windshield, but it's been real windy lately and it's hard to do by myself without the wind catching the hood and slaming it against the windshield. I've looked for a place to buy the parts I need to replace it (I assume it some kind of a pole that props the hood up) but I've come up empty. Any help?

I've got one out at the shop if you just need a used one...

Thats it,CJ! I've never seen one mounted but I know I'll need all the brackets that go along with it. I dosen't need to be new, just need it to keep the hood up. What might you need for your old one, Mylittlecj5? Do you have the mounting brackets, too?

Shoot me a Pm.

I'm not sure if the mounting piece is one there, but I can probably find one for ya...

Thanks. Please let me know.

Here are a couple of pictures of whats on the jeep now. Nothing on the underside of the hood where, my guess is, the location of the rod. I do have a bracket on the drivers side on the rad. support rod but I'm not sure it's suppose to be on that side and probably needs to be rotated to the top side. Here is also a picture of the chrome rod CJ found. It looks like it comes with all the parts I"m missing and $37 isn't to bad for the chrome rod but it would stick out like a sore thumb on my old Jeep. Any one have a picture what the rod looks like "in action" Thanks, guys. I'm a Jeep rookie.

OK I found you one. I won't even charge for the custom Patina (I call it "Old Rusty").
Has the bracket and everything...

I'll send you a Private Message to work out the details...

OK I found you one. I won't even charge for the custom Patina (I call it "Old Rusty").
Has the bracket and everything...

I'll send you a Private Message to work out the details...

Perfect, Thanks.

Patina is good.

Once again mylittlecj5 comes through! Rep to him!

I was waiting in the wings as I have an extra one as well :).

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom