hooker header adaptable?

The head is still a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . Best to put a new intake like Clifford, Offy etc. that's where it's going to be different. Not the headers.

Now 4.0 headers are different as are the intakes. :D

73 cj I've also have gotten conflicting info on the use of a header on a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l some say it isn't worth the extra money if you have a 96 head that I'm building because the stock exhaust is of a header type. I'm confused as to anty up the money or just buy a stock exhaust. I will be putting a Clifford intake on my newer head, maybe that is were the conflict is because in able to use the extra flow of the intake and head u need to get rid of the exhaust as well in the right proportions. Would an after market exhaust have any benifit over the stock style. Also I'm building the head with chevy valves and having it machined. All and all the head will be about $800. I know some think this is a waste of money on a inline six cause some perfer bigger displacement engines. Just what I want to build for my cj. What r your thoughts on this? Anyone. Sorry for the long post.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom