How Do I Determine What Clutch I Need

Jroch

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 1985 CJ, 2006 E250
Greetings,

First off I want to thank everyone for all the advice and assistance I have recieved, hopefully some day I will be able to contribute to the forum in return. "if you have a refrigeration or AC question I am all over it LOL"

My question is this, how do I get a clutch for my Jeep when nothing about it stock? Going to my local parts house and saying I have a 85 Jeep CJ is out. I do know the Motor and the Transmission but that is not going to help at the Parts house. Am I religated to a tape measure and trial and error, we all know how much the supply houses like returns. I know the Fly Wheel is going to come into play for sizing BUT so is the Transmission for shaft size.

Thanks in advance for all advice and comments

Justin

So it seems to me that we need to figure out what the input sizes are between the T10 (which came in the AMX) and the T-14

Edit: I just went to Napa online and brought up a AMX and it looks like the clutch kit comes with 3 different piolet bearings, good gravey. I think you need to fins a very friendly parts counter person thats willing to get what you need in for the 343 and T-14 , then compare the piolet's. I realize you where asking about the clutch also, however I'm sure that will most likley be the 343 clutch. Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited:
This is a PITA mine is all stock and still it has two possible clutch size. You may have to pull it and measure it.

Usually you just pull it, order by old part dims and then write it down! :)

Almost all clutch and bearing mfgrs have spec sheets to get you sorted out.

Usually you just pull it, order by old part dims and then write it down! :)

Almost all clutch and bearing mfgrs have spec sheets to get you sorted out.

Thanks everyone for their input and assistance on this, either way I will have to drop the clutch out to see what I got, it still is moving the jepp put slipping I figure the first outing with it will most likely finish it off :D

Thanks again

Justin

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom