How to repair/patch cj8 half hard top door channels?

How to repair/patch cj8 half hard top door channels?

76cj7chick

Old Time Jeeper
Solutions
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ7 Jeep with a engine/tranny/wiring harness out of a 1988 s10 blazer 4.3l v6 with th700r4 automatic tranny and a cj7 Dana 300 transfer case with Novak adapter.
Complete wiring harness from the s10 blazer. Painted with HOT PINK Pearl paint with standard sized metallic halographic pink flakes. Painted by me -a newb. New rear, front and side three wire LED lights, New parts, new custom dash-by me And a lot of guidance from fellow jeepers and lots of prayers etc.... :p
Hi all,

I recently purchased a half hardtop with bulk head and need help in knowing how to repair some cracks...

I don't know if the top is made out of plastic or fiberglass and am wondering what method ofrepair will be economical but mostly permanent?

I've attached some pics..

:poke: please help.

How to mod CJ8 half hardtop bulkhead to fit earlier CJ7 ????

I recently purchased a half hard top with bulkhead and glass..

I am eager to install in my 1976 CJ7 !
The hardtop fits perfectly!
But, the bulkhead doesn't.:confused: The ends on the bulk head don't reach the sides of the tub. (I recently found out that the tubs from 76-80 won't work with scrambler bulkheads but the 81-86 tubs do.)

I also have the earlier roll bar in my jeep so that won't be a fitment problem.

Anyone know of a easy (without welding) way to make the bullk head work in my CJ7 ??

I would LOVE to have the half hard top and would also like to know how to seal the bulk head in..

THANKS BUNCHES!!:)

Did you find a way to make this work yet- either problem? I've got a couple of ideas...

Did you find a way to make this work yet- either problem? I've got a couple of ideas...

I figure, I will have to find someone to weld a bracket on to the tub sides... But if you have any better suggestions please share them with me. I'd love to hear some ideas.:p

I sealed and painted my half hard top.. I still have yet to figure the bulkhead fitment issue.. No worries.. I am currently waiting for my Lokar shifter and HOT PINK PAINT KIT... :drool::banana::banana:

Top looks good. Are you going pink all over?
Wouldn't say my ideas are necessarily Better than welding, just something that will work without HAVING to weld. One idea will require drilling, the other can be done with liquid nails, JB Weld or most any adhesive. I'll sketch something up and work on a written description in the next day or two. Just wanted to go ahead and acknowledge your reply...
:cool:

Top looks good. Are you going pink all over?
Wouldn't say my ideas are necessarily Better than welding, just something that will work without HAVING to weld. One idea will require drilling, the other can be done with liquid nails, JB Weld or most any adhesive. I'll sketch something up and work on a written description in the next day or two. Just wanted to go ahead and acknowledge your reply...
:cool:

I will leave the fender flares, top and inside black. But the rest of the jeep and roll bar will be painted Hot Pink! :p

I tried jbweld on my old aluminum diamond plate, which I cut into a small housing for my new Lokar shifter to fit in... The aluminum where I jb welded it fell off after I was filing the aluminum.. So, I guess JB weld doesn't work on aluminum. (I prepped the aluminum with sand paper and wiped down with acetone before applying the jb weld. :confused:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom