I know its that time of year...

I know its that time of year...

susie

Full Time Jeeper
Media
Thanks
But I am pissed. I think I have a mouse. I need a cat. Just for a few days.

Then some of that bar bait stuff from the feed mill.

Or maybe a snake to live under my house? NO. Nevermind.

And at that I think I hear him as I sit here. Maybe he lives in my computer... :) No its not the mouse on the desk. I think there is one on the floor. Making little noises.

Man, I am never going to go to bed again. Or open the cabinet that my tower sits in. This is bull!

you can have our momma cat. she's a great mouser and she is fixed too!

I use those sticky glue traps for the field mice that venture in once in awhile.
I lay them in the corner or along the base board of the kitchen cabinets.
You can get them from walmart, don't fold it just lay it out flat.
You'll hear the little SOB squeaking when he's stuck to it.
Then you take it outside wack with a stick and toss in the trash.
Regular traps make a mess these are clean and work great.

For under the house/garage go by Ace or Tractor Supply and grab
the mouse baits they look like green/blue dough balls you just toss them
in a corner or just randomly under the house, it'll kill'em. It's funny to
see they actually like them enough to run away with it if you come in the garage.

Have I got a deal for you.:cool:

A cat with a cast! :)

I am sorry, I dont want a defective cat, and Sham, I know that you wont take the sucker back after my mouse issue is solved.

I use those sticky glue traps for the field mice that venture in once in awhile.
I lay them in the corner or along the base board of the kitchen cabinets.
You can get them from walmart, don't fold it just lay it out flat.
You'll hear the little SOB squeaking when he's stuck to it.
Then you take it outside wack with a stick and toss in the trash.
Regular traps make a mess these are clean and work great.

For under the house/garage go by Ace or Tractor Supply and grab
the mouse baits they look like green/blue dough balls you just toss them
in a corner or just randomly under the house, it'll kill'em. It's funny to
see they actually like them enough to run away with it if you come in the garage.

I have sticky traps for spiders.

Have I got a deal for you.:cool:

NO, Shamrock you can’t export the sand cats to the Middle West. They’ll upset the natural balance of things. The tree huggers will be declaring a disaster and banning off roading in the area due to the endangerment of some kind of finch or sparrow. They may go as far as going after the horses in the area as endangering the fowl’s nesting areas.

This is based on experience of what's they're doing on the Outer Banks now.

NO, Shamrock you can’t export the sand cats to the Middle West. They’ll upset the natural balance of things. The tree huggers will be declaring a disaster and banning off roading in the area due to the endangerment of some kind of finch or sparrow. They may go as far as going after the horses in the area as endangering the fowl’s nesting areas.

LOL!

Guys and Galls! For a fun site check out www.searchingforsignal.com ...

You will always get a chuckle...

At least I do!

I am sorry, I dont want a defective cat, and Sham, I know that you wont take the sucker back after my mouse issue is solved.

I have sticky traps for spiders.
Actually, I picked up a mouse trap that didn't kill the little monsters...got it at Home Depot...little green box with a trap door. Take a smudge of peanut butter as bait and this sucker caught mice like crazy...two or three at a time. I'd walk across the field to where the snakes are and release the mice...figured the snakes would like that and not bite me later. Neat device since you don't really have to even come in contact with the vermin....was only about $12...totally reusable. Far better than our stupid cat was at catching mice.

We're a little unbalanced now...the big issue was mostly the three wheelers and the fact that alot of them ignored the closed area signs...pissed off the park service and :dung: rolled down hill. They're still batting the issue back and forth...I think we'll get things ironed out and they'll open the beaches again.

my cats are to lazy to mouse
they would rather sit on the washer and wait for food

Oh Lordy...you don't want to corrupt these poor folk here...or worse...they drag Nunzio back here.:eek:

Nunz is a member here. He just doesnt post because this place is family friendly. The other place isnt.

I like cats too, they taste like chicken!

I was sitting at the chinese buffet today, eating some sweet n sour chicken and started laughing. Bubba looked at me like I was nuts, and I poked at a piece and said "meow."

Enough said.

We're a little unbalanced now...the big issue was mostly the three wheelers and the fact that alot of them ignored the closed area signs...pissed off the park service and poopie rolled down hill. They're still batting the issue back and forth...I think we'll get things ironed out and they'll open the beaches again.

Well Sham I really hope so. I've been driving on the beaches here since before the closer of Sandbridge to vehicles. Once the closers begin they don't normally end. As far as those who do not follow the rules they are the issue. Some blame the tourons (tourist) but locals done their share too. As always a few botch it up for the rest of us and it's that way everywhere it seems.
I wish I had a picture of a few of the cats I've seen on Ocracoke Island, ruff looking critters. They remined me of Bill the Cat.
180px-Billthecat.jpg

I hope so too...it's a definite economic plus for the area. The most pressing problem is simply lack of a focused educational program designed to give people a good understanding of the why's and what for's in protecting area's of the beaches...locals and tourists alike tend to plead ignorance more often than not. Right now we're mostly dealing with reactionary issues and it's well past time we came up with some proactive measures that would solve some of the problems. I always felt a yearly mandatory beach driving permit which included an educational program would be benefitial. It could certainly be self supporting and overseen by both enviromental and enthusiasts. The park service is underfunded and they're certainly not going to take any steps other than a blanket closure...they simply don't have the means to oversee any sort of effective policing. It's up to us to present some sort of proactive program that they find equally beneficial. There's an upside for both parties..we just need to figure it out.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom