I need real lights!!!!

I need real lights!!!!

Kane

Full Time Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-8 Restomod Scout axles 4 wheel disks, 258, ax15, D300.
Seriously, why can't the old stockers actually last for a awhile. the big old heavy Sylvanias alway seem to go dim after a year or so.
I bought a conversion kits on Ebay about a year ago so I can run H4 bulbs but the reflector housing was so bad that it didn't throw any light at all. What a waste. I really want to switch over to a newer style bulb. Does anyone actually make a good reflector housing that will fit into our older style light buckets?

IPF makes a good quality set, about $40 per reflector, quadratec, morris 4x4, 4w, all the big name places carry them. I've been running the square version in my XJ for more than 5 years now, I love them.

920H.jpg

Another option that I've read good things about is the Hella H4 conversion set and they're somewhere around $40 a piece;

10372-md.jpg

Seriously, why can't the old stockers actually last for a awhile. the big old heavy Sylvanias alway seem to go dim after a year or so.
I bought a conversion kits on Ebay about a year ago so I can run H4 bulbs but the reflector housing was so bad that it didn't throw any light at all. What a waste. I really want to switch over to a newer style bulb. Does anyone actually make a good reflector housing that will fit into our older style light buckets?

I like the "Hellas" they are not expensive & have lead crystal lenses.
They use H4 bulbs.

I like the "Hella Vision Plus" they are not expensive & have lead crystal lenses.
They use H4 bulbs. I've been running "Delta Xenon bulb" I bought at "Jeep Essentials". I've been running them for about 3.5 years without dimming.

I also am running the Hella conversion. Difference for me is that I run a PIAA bulb in mine, same as on my motorcycle. It is basically a 110/100 output bulb that draws that same as a stock 55/50 bulb, but has about double the output. Very bright and is a plug and play.

I also am running the Hella conversion. Difference for me is that I run a PIAA bulb in mine, same as on my motorcycle. It is basically a 110/100 output bulb that draws that same as a stock 55/50 bulb, but has about double the output. Very bright and is a plug and play.

x2 for the PIAA extreme white bulbs, that's what I run in my XJ.

300.jpg

I just looked up the Hella Jeep conversion light set up. Not bad at $38.99 each. I am going to have to try those out. It looks like they have updated reflectors to make them just like current set-ups in new vehicles. Sweet.

i actually bought the rampage h4 conversion housing, they are glass with clear smoth lense with a dimond cut deflectors then i bought a h4 hid kit off ebay for 70 bucks and you have to reajust the the housings for hids to get fanned out more, but omg it was worth it, my opinion is tho go with 6000K buld color, its more super white then blue they light everything up the same color as the sun a lower then 6000k is going to be yellow or darker, and higher is going to be more blue, which is also darker lol. ill try to post a pic in a couple of minutes.
New%20Folder

Last edited:
if you want hid kits you need the h4 housing, its a simple thing to do you will see what i mean i just did a new thread describing what to look for in h4 conversions and hid kits with some helpful information. check it out msg me if you need help with it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom