I stopped the Quadra-trac from making the stretched chain noise

I stopped the Quadra-trac from making the stretched chain noise

GoldenEagle36

Senior Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj7 Golden Eagle 304,automatic, Quadra-trac, full restoration just "finished." 4 inch superlift, lift shackles in the front, sitting on some KM2 Mud terrians
1999 tj 4 cylinder ax5 trans 3 inches lift 31s
1956 Dj3a all original except axles and engine, Hurricane 4 cyl. 4x4 conversion, 27,500 original miles 58 Jeep-A-Trench cj5 8000 miles.
i previously went to a Jeep dealership out by me, i do not know if you guys would be fond of this old Jeep Dealership, its Corwin Jeep out here in Hickory PA. claimed to be the worlds oldest jeep dealership. anyway, i visited the owner of the dealership because my dad has been dealing with him since the 70s for all his Jeeps. i asked him about my quadra-trac, it was making the clunking sound, and we asked him, new fluid and run in in a figure 8 for about 15-20 min. as the book recommended, and it should stop thumping. put all new quadra-trac oil in it, ran it in a figure 8 for about 20 mins and yes it stopped thunking. saved me over 200.00 just changing the oil. i was pretty shocked, to say the least

i previously went to a Jeep dealership out by me, i do not know if you guys would be fond of this old Jeep Dealership, its Corwin Jeep out here in Hickory PA. claimed to be the worlds oldest jeep dealership. anyway, i visited the owner of the dealership because my dad has been dealing with him since the 70s for all his Jeeps. i asked him about my quadra-trac, it was making the clunking sound, and we asked him, new fluid and run in in a figure 8 for about 15-20 min. as the book recommended, and it should stop thumping. put all new quadra-trac oil in it, ran it in a figure 8 for about 20 mins and yes it stopped thunking. saved me over 200.00 just changing the oil. i was pretty shocked, to say the least

I'd say that's pretty amazing, but I really don't know much about quadratracs yet. That's something I will remember though. So I guess the chain is getting sticky and binding up, causing the clunking, the new fluid and the figure 8 jsut worked the chain at different tensions and re-lubed the links... simple. I like that!:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom