Ignition box wiring question

Ignition box wiring question

OEM1984CJ7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 258 w/T176
I am going to test run/breakin the AMC 304 on a stand and not in the CJ and wanting to know where to tap the two wires from the ignition box to> I think one is read and the other is white on the two pin round connector. One plug with the three wires go to the dist and just wanting to know where the other two go. White to ignition and the red to + side of coil?

thanks.

Yes, the red can go to the hot side of the coil, although if I remember correctly, there is supposed to be a resistor between the coil and the module, or you can just go directly to the positive side of the battery. The white wire goes to the ignition switch, and when it arrives there it's actually light blue at the switch if it's still the factory harness. That is hooked to the starter solenoid position on the switch, or you can just temporarily go directly to the starter solenoid(low amp side) for the purposes of testing, if you are using a jumper wire for starting rather than a key switch, since the engine isn't installed.

Thanks Les, yes the engine is not in the vehicle and I am just wiring up a solenoid and jumper to start it.

Red to bat
white to ignition source

thanks again.

Thanks Les, yes the engine is not in the vehicle and I am just wiring up a solenoid and jumper to start it.

Red to bat
white to ignition source

thanks again.

No probs......good luck with the test run.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom