I'm trying- again

I'm trying- again

Buuushman

Senior Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
77' CJ-5, 360 c.i. motor, T-176 trans, D-300 transfer case w\ twin sticks, Dana 30 front, A.M.C. 20 rear w/ 4.10's, solid axles & trac-lok, 2.5" lift Y.J. springs.
After smoking for over 20 years I'm gonna try and hang it up- again. I've tried just about every method out there and I think I may have found something that will work- the E-Cig. Tried one the other day and it is the closest thing to smoking without the smoke. I always had trouble because it was not just the nicotine, it was the whole process- oral fixation, having something in my hand, and the social aspect that I could not shake. The cartridges step you down from 18 mg. to 0 at your own pace and you still get to keep your routine till you are ready. No more second hand smoke, tar, smelling like :dung:, and lungs full of mud. I told my lady I would quit when my daughter was born and I dread having my daughter say Daddy, you promised.

Good for you your daughter will be proud.I quit when my last grandkid was born in Feb.I tried the Chantix and worked pretty good.I was a smoker for 45 years its tuff
Good Luck
Mike

Good luck man, I'm rooten for ya.:chug: I'm try'n myself. I haven't been doing so good though, maybe you can give me some inspiration.

It's a mindset of keeping busy Old Dog.Spending money on your rig,then you have none for smokes.Seriously its just keeping occupied no matter how you do it.It does get easier as time goes on if that helps.
Good Luck

Don’t tell your self you want to quit, tell yourself you don't smoke.
I know it does not make sense now but you have to become a non smoker not someone that used to smoke.
If you are anything like me smoking was something to do when I didn't want to do anything, an excuse to take a brake. You don't really need a brake; just find something you want to do. Or even something you don't want to do.
Good luck:cool:

wish I had quit chewing a long time ago
currently am going through oral cancer treatment
will be loosing a section of my tounge in a week
as well as limp nodes in the throat,
not a fun idea to think about. Quit now, it will be to your benefit.

Hey good luck Baja
keep your spirits high
Mike

Sorry to hear that, wish you good luck.
I just had RFA 2 months ago because of kidney cancer. They think they got it all but time will tell. Anyway that is giving me more reason to quit.

As was said before, keep yourself oocupied. I was finally able to quit using Chantix. Now, if I try to have a smoke, I actually get sick to my stomach. It has been over 2 years, and I think I have only had 1 cigarette since I actually quit. Feels pretty good to think about it now, and the benefits are pretty high. Good luck, Old Dog, and to you as well Baja.

Susie seems like I remember you trying to quit awhile back. How's it going?:chug:

Good luck to you Buuushman,Baja and Old Dog. Hope everthing turns out good,

The e-cig is probably the best thing ever for quiting.
You using one?

yep- just got it yesterday and it works great. gives you the sensation and the nicotine without the smoke, tar, and stink. I would rather have just stopped cold turkey but I am a horrible bastard to be around when I try. I still have 4 smokes in my glove box and don't have the slightest urge to smoke one.

Baja- good luck bro- sounds tough but I'm sure if you do what you gotta do you'll get through it- I'm pullin' for ya.

There is a company here in Hawaii that sells em'- volcano e-cigs.com- pretty much the same thing as the Blu E-cig. Deluxe starter kit for @ $70.00- pays for itself quick with smokes at $8.00 a pack.

There is a company here in Hawaii that sells em'- volcano e-cigs.com- pretty much the same thing as the Blu E-cig. Deluxe starter kit for @ $70.00- pays for itself quick with smokes at $8.00 a pack.
Does it come in menthol flavor? I am kinda stuck on menthols:drool:

After smoking for over 20 years I'm gonna try and hang it up- again. I've tried just about every method out there and I think I may have found something that will work- the E-Cig. Tried one the other day and it is the closest thing to smoking without the smoke. I always had trouble because it was not just the nicotine, it was the whole process- oral fixation, having something in my hand, and the social aspect that I could not shake. The cartridges step you down from 18 mg. to 0 at your own pace and you still get to keep your routine till you are ready. No more second hand smoke, tar, smelling like :dung:, and lungs full of mud. I told my lady I would quit when my daughter was born and I dread having my daughter say Daddy, you promised.

Good luck hope it goes well.

I have tried on numerous occasions, but fail every time at the 3 month mark. I'm going to try the tablets next from the doctor. i have no willpower :)

Not only is it very bad for you as you know but god 20 cigs are expensive now. £6.20 a pack. and rolling tabacco is around £13 for a large bag.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom