Interesting change of events.... possibly moving to AZ and have questions.

Interesting change of events.... possibly moving to AZ and have questions.

AdamH

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'06 Rubicon LJ, '81 Scrambler, '06 Commander
So as if I don't have enough on my mind right now.....

I found out Friday there is a very real possibility I may be moving to Arizona - more than likely the Scottsdale area - in the February timeframe. So of course I start looking at things like housing, etc.. got overwhelmed with the amount of homes for sale so I decided to check on DMV laws.

My daily driver (2007 Rubicon unlimited) should be fine (was worried with 37s and flat fenders)

My Harley will be fine (talked to a dealer out there and they gave me tips on what to do if it doesn't pass - no emissions here in NC for bikes)

The CJ... WOW! It has to pass emmissions?!?!?!? :censored: That stuff was pulled off this thing LONG ago. I have nothing in regards to smog equipment on this thing.

What am I to do? For those of you who read my other post, the freshly built AMC 304 gave up on me due to faulty specs used by the engine builder. I obviously don't want to dump money into fixing the engine if I can't even get it registered there. I read something about even though it isn't a 1966 or older, I could skip the emissions if it is registered as a classic. Is this true? What all does that involve? How much $$ are we talking about to add that :dung: back to my engine if I were to keep it?

This could be a major decision maker as to whether I fix the thing or part it out before I moved out there. Or with some counties not having emission testing, should I take it there and sell it?? Thanks for the help.

The CJ can registered has a historic vehicle and no emission required.The rest would have to go thru.I'd tune them up make sure the carbs in tune.Some people pour isopropol alcohol in the take and make it thru.Main thing is don't bring them in cold.Catalitic converter has to be on.Its not to bad but don't waste a lot of time on it.If you think its running good take it thru.Then you know where to start and you might pass.
Need some info on places to move let me know.Wifes a realtor or can find places to rent also.
Mike:chug:

So you are saying I don't have to have the smog stuff on it but I do need a cat? Hummm.... since I am running headers and 2 pipes I will need 2 of them.

And thanks for the info about your wife. My company should take care of that with the relo package but definitely nice to know someone I could ask questions.

just so you know, 76 did not have a cat. 77 was the last year that did not.:D

So you are saying I don't have to have the smog stuff on it but I do need a cat? Hummm.... since I am running headers and 2 pipes I will need 2 of them.

And thanks for the info about your wife. My company should take care of that with the relo package but definitely nice to know someone I could ask questions.
You won't need the cat on the CJ as far as I know.
Not trying to push a realtor on you just give us holler if you need some info.Here's some links for vehicles.Don't rely on them being to smart.When you talk to them tell them what you want to here and ask for a supervisor.
Mike
http://www.servicearizona.com/

http://www.myazcar.com/

Last edited:
Wow when I lived in Casa Grande they didnt have any inspection or emissions. Of course that was 12 years ago and Scottsdale is "Uppitdy" :). Honestly a very beautiful place to live and if I had the chance I wouldnt blink. Shame, if youd be happy with a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l I got everything here youd need in my parts cj.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom